Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Mar 17, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lisylou View Post
Thanks Mick, will give them a go.
There's quite a few recommendations for insurance companies on here but you'll need to do a bit of a search.

Mick
Old 25 Mar 17, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

If I could choose for guaranteed sun but somewhat less humid and dry enough I'd say early May or early October. I love May, but October is in the Food and Wine Festival so without kids I think I'd advise October. Disney is wonderful for attractions for the whole family. I think an easier question might be what can't they ride, as I imagine you'll come up with a shorter list. If mobility is an issue given the amount of walking Disney involves they might want to consider hiring EVCs. There are rental companies who I understand will deliver them to your hotel and should be more competitively priced then hiring daily in the parks. They may also enjoy some of the desert parties to experience the fireworks but with a seat guaranteed. There are spas at some of the deluxe resorts which they may also enjoy. I think they sound marvellous planning their first trip in their retirement. I hope they have a super time. Oh. Just remembered. I took my 73 year old mum to DLP last year. She rode the Crush attraction (we misjudged it! ) and had an awesome time. She'd never have got on had we realised what it was but she had two more turns after that. Her biggest issue was speed. Me and my daughter had to slow down a lot (we tour WDW together commando style). Why don't you have a look at the Touring Plans for seniors at touringplans and set the walking pace to slow. This would give them an itinery to follow which will reduce their time in line and may make the whole experience somewhat less overwhelming. If they like planning buy them the linked book, The Unofficial Guide to WDW. I'm pretty sure it had a chapter on older people visiting WDW.

Edited at 07:59 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Another vote for May or October ( not half term weeks ) , normally the weather is perfect and not too busy
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

I read on the Disney web site that the rides that access via a moving platform can be slowed down if you ask the cast member and in 2015 I was offered this twice as I walk with a stick.
Old 26 Mar 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Pudders
Apprentice Imagineer

Another plus for early May. The in-laws came over for our wedding. Not too busy and weather was manageable
Old 26 Mar 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

Our Fave times are either May or October as people have said. I hope I,m planning this stuff in my 70,s. I remember my 1st time and a group of 4 ppl of a certain age going through the rope drop saying "This is where we become kids again".
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Merryweather View Post
I read on the Disney web site that the rides that access via a moving platform can be slowed down if you ask the cast member and in 2015 I was offered this twice as I walk with a stick.
We've been on plenty of rides and they have been stopped to allow people on
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Maybe last two weeks in May?!?
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I'd look at early May for good weather, lower crowds and the garden festival. The last week of May is half term in the UK plus Memorial Day normally falls then in the US, so parks get busier.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I'd look at early May for good weather, lower crowds and the garden festival. The last week of May is half term in the UK plus Memorial Day normally falls then in the US, so parks get busier.
You could well be right. I've done late May and it got a little busier towards the very end.

I was listening to a Dreams Unlimited podcast recently and I'm sure Tracey Heinrichs said last two weeks was a sweet spot still, but I might be mistaken.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List