Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Nov 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hijack but has anyone stayed at Wave Street Inn?

I’ve been trying to book for August 2020 since the end of the summer when I started booking hotels for our road trip. It is still showing as no availability for August when everything else I wanted to book has now been released.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether I’ve either missed the boat, or the hotel still haven’t released their rooms for August. All booking sites on a search don’t have any availability at all for the hotel on my dates.

Starting to think I’m going to need to go back to the drawing board and go for one of the other suggestions here for our Monterey hotel :/.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows whether I’ve either missed the boat, or the hotel still haven’t released their rooms for August. All booking sites on a search don’t have any availability at all for the hotel on my dates.
Looks like they have only released until the end of July at the moment.

I would email them and ask rather than just looking at booking sites.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Plaza is amazing. Beautiful hotel and restaurant.

Certainly recommend it
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Best Western Victorian and the Holiday inn Cannery Row, both Good hotels just behind Cannery row.
Old 22 Nov 19, 03:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Shmee
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed in the Best Western Plus Victorian Inn. Was a short walk to Cannery Row. We only stayed one night in July, it was about £240 for the night. It was a nice clean hotel with comfy beds.
Shmee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
We stayed at Hotel Abrego, it was lovely.
Short walk through town to the seafront and next to a Dennys
That's great to hear, we're staying here for 2 nights next April.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Looks like they have only released until the end of July at the moment.

I would email them and ask rather than just looking at booking sites.
Thank you Now August has been released and the week we are passing through is blocked out for the car convention

Couldn’t find any other hotel I was happy with and most had over-inflated prices for the flipping car show so have had to do some tweaking which is a pain as both ends of our trip are confirmed.

We’re now stopping in Santa Cruz one night (I know it’s ‘quirky’ 😬 and quite different to Monterey but we were already planning on having half a day there for Lost Boys sites.) The Dream Inn looks great and was a lot cheaper than anything I was happy with in Monterey.

Then we’re going to do the Monterey / 17 Mile Drive / Big Sur bits we wanted to do the following day and head down to Cambria that evening for the next overnight stop.

I’ve read lots of trip reports on here but I’m still struggling to work out how much time we’ll need in each place as people seem to really vary based on what they’re interested in and how much time they have. I think the three nights in Monterey I was planning was way too much, especially having watched Lisa and Ade’s YouTube video (Life with Lisa) where they did the whole bit from SF to Cambria in one day, doing most of the things we want to do on the way. So hopefully it’s all worked out for the best anyway .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List