Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Nov 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Mima
Helping Mickey

Sequoia lodge pool temp

We are off to dlp on Sunday and getting really excited now. Husband however has read a couple of trip advisor posts about the pool at the sequoia being freezing so is worried that it will be too cold for the kids to tolerate for long.

Does anyone know if the pool is usually cold at this time or year or was it perhaps a temporary issue?

Many thanks
Princess_Mima is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

In about 14 visits I never found time to swim, but apparently all the pools are colder than we like them in the UK.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

In my experience all the Disney pools are colder than I would expect. It’s not unbearable, but we found it impacted how long we stayed in the pool.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

The one and only time we went swimming in SQL was in 2012 and it was freezing - my Daughter lasted about 5 minutes before wanting to get out! It was also really deep with no real shallow end so not very good for little ones who aren't confident in the water.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I have used the Sequoia Lodge pool, in July, when the temps were in the high 20s and the outdoor pool was open - and the indoor pool temp was cold. I wouldn't say its freezing, but its certainly not pleasant dip-in-the-pool temperature.

It also isn't a gradual-entry pool, and its fairly deep all the way around (like most of the DLP hotel pools).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Daniel's
VIP Dibber

We were there in September, lovely day and the outdoor was open it was warm heated by the sunshine I think!, indoor however was cold. Have also stayed in New York and new port bay and both were cold. SL has a jacuzzi which is warmer but not as warm as you would expect. The water chute at the SL is fun though and there is also a ledge to sit on with a timed waterfall, great on the shoulders!
2013 Aulani / Disneyland Hotel
2010/13/16/17/18/19 DLRP
2009 POR 2008 POR
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
2004 Orlando International Resort Int` Drive
1994 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
1993 Comfort Inn 1992 Continental Plaza
1991 Howard Johnston 1990 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
Jack Daniel's is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Mima
Helping Mickey

Thanks everyone, I think we will still give it a try but we will definitely be prepared for it to be a quick dip
Princess_Mima is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
janey2000
Excited about Disney

Princess-mima would you let us know how you found it please, we go next month!

Pre trip report - Aug 2014 Florida and Georgia
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=794593
janey2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My kids went in 2 weeks ago. The temp was supposed to be 28 but it really wasn’t. They still enjoyed it though!
TigerGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List