Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Nov 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
Also, have you priced up getting APs and booking an onsite via hotels.com or similar? Might be worth doing a comparison.
Unfortunately the RO prices are really expensive for our dates (only about £400 cheaper than the package price!).
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
To be honest staying offsite is fine but you might want to look at some alternatives to the Hipark. Its a perfectly fine hotel but I would always choose to stay nearer to the RER station as the shuttle buses can be so busy and generally don't leave early enough for EMH. My choice would be the L'Elysee or the Ibis as they are both right next to the station. You can't really walk to DLP from them but with the RER that's not a problem.
I really like the idea of being able to walk to and from the parks but I think with my Mum coming maybe the RER closer hotels might be a good idea. Might also be a welcome relief for my feet
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Ibis Val d’Europe is a great budget option. It is basic but has all you need. However, if your mum struggles with stairs it is worth noting that there is no escalator or lift at the back entrance to Val d’Europe station, which is the one nearest to the hotel. It is not a problem, you could use the main entrance which has a lift, and walk through.

The Elysee is perfect for location and was really n8ce but has got a lot more expensive in recent years (I think it has upgraded since it’s refurb and is quite posh now!)

Thinking of Hipark next time, but if the walk is an issue for your mum then it is worth looking at hotels nearer the RER. Residhome seems a good option.

Seeyouinmainstreet and Curious Axel have done some YouTube reviews which may help.

We discovered some great places to eat last time which helps keep the excitement going. L’Interprete and Alfred Burger both excellent.
Thank you It's strange as I feel like I know DLP like the back of my hand, but off-site is a whole different ball game. Mum doesn't struggle too much with stairs so I think the Ibis could be a good option.
Old 25 Nov 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

After all that, we've decided to postpone the trip until February! We are doing February half term (again!) and have booked 4n at the Sequoia Lodge for about £500 cheaper than the January prices. I'm a bit sad to be missing the Xmas season this year but have already got a trip booked for next November so will see it all then and I know the girls will be so excited to see the frozen stuff in February.