Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Dec 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Carton
Looking for my Ears

Mobile Frozen

We are in DLP now with our three year old. He doesn’t know many of the Disney films yet but is obsessed with Frozen. We have both tried every day twice a day with no success to get a meet Olaf place through the app. Today we tried to go to the last showing of Frozen: A musical Adventure in the Studios only to find it was full. We were completely naive that people apparently queue for 90 mins to get in. So my long-winded question is is it worth it? It’s our last day tomorrow and the toddler is getting grumpy and overtired. I have no idea how I will get him to stay in a queue for that long as we have been avoiding anything longer than 15 mins all week. Also, is it in French? If we get in and he can’t sing along, I think he’d be disappointed.

TIA
Carton is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

The show is in French and English - I've heard very mixed reviews about it. There's no seating inside and from the reports I've seen people tend to rush straight to the front without any regard for people with children so you'd probably have to hold your Son the entire time in order for him to be able to see anything.

The actual show itself looks really fun so I'm sure your Son would love it but I can't say whether I think it would be worth queuing any length of time for.

Edited to add - at 3 he won't really have any concept of the fact that this show even exists so certainly won't be missing out by you not going. We skipped a few things when we went last November that I knew my 3 year old would love but weren't worth the insane queues.

Edited at 10:18 PM.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
suzyandperla
I want to go now!

Mobile

This was my biggest disappointment about our trip last month. I got seduced by everyone queuing and thought it must be worth it (as I loved the previous frozen show) but honestly it was a bit rubbish imo. Plus there is no seating at it so depending where you are you might not be able to see anything at all. DD only got to see because a cast member directed her to the back of the accessible seating area a few mins in. The show is in two rooms and you move halfway through so have the scrum for a view all over again. It is so ill thought out by Disney and not at all what I expected from a brand new show. The singing was lovely though and the children enjoyed it but we wouldn't do it again.
suzyandperla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Worth it? No. We were really lucky to get in. The show is good but the viewing area is really badly designed. Basically if there are taller people in front you are screwed. I have no idea why they didnt put seating all over, or make people sit down (like the old Disney junior show). Each scene changed turned into a pushing scrum. It is in a mixture of English and french.

Unfortunately we thought the meet olaf was great.

Edited at 10:20 PM.
kk20 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I’m not sure if we got lucky but we managed the queue with a 16 month old & 5 year old - and we weren’t waiting *that* long. They’d roped off the end of one queue so we were z3rd for the showing after. We decided to suck it up and wait an hour for the next showing. We had our lunch in the queue and sat on the floor with a bit of space and got the colouring out once the little one had finished eating.

I found it weird that in the inside holding room we were asked to queue in a line going away from the door with subsequent lines behind...the people first in the 2nd & 3rd lines were closer to the doors to the first theatre room than those who had been waiting longer.

Both kids loved it - but it was a bit of a bum fight. We were front row in the first room then squeezing in for a view in the second. My arms were killing from holding a heavy, strong baby through all of the rooms.
My daughter still does the dance now. The Sven robot was brilliant.

But it is poorly managed and it isn’t as good as the old Frozen sing a long show... but I’ve a feeling my daughter will want to do it again when we go back in Feb. 🙈 we didn’t manage to see Olaf either and it’s top of her to do list when we return. I’m not holding out much hope!
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List