Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Thanks that sounds perfect. Which company is this with? Did you book online?
Starline - to be honest it was a last minute decision as I usually drive but wanted to be a tourist for a day and relax - so asked concierge at our hotel who sorted with discount as one pickup was right by the hotel ( we were up early and caught first bus) . I remember the red route and yellow route were great 👍
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Starline - to be honest it was a last minute decision as I usually drive but wanted to be a tourist for a day and relax - so asked concierge at our hotel who sorted with discount as one pickup was right by the hotel ( we were up early and caught first bus) . I remember the red route and yellow route were great 👍
So which hotel was that please? Was probably expensive if it has concierge lol Thanks for your help.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

So which hotel was that please? Was probably expensive if it has concierge lol Thanks for your help.
It was the Fairmont Miramar - I like hotels with history and this one met that bill, and location on the beach suited us too
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

It was the Fairmont Miramar - I like hotels with history and this one met that bill, and location on the beach suited us too
Looks gorgeous. Cheapest room for our stay was over $700 per night. Bit out of our price range lol
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I stayed there last year - loved it! Location was everything.Also,stayed in the Fairmont Grand Del Mar just outside San Diego which was even better. Service was superb
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can recommend this tour Jo
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=Celebrity
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I can recommend this tour Jo
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=Celebrity
Sounds great thanks. Was the tour long enough to see all the sights? 2 hours long is that right?
Old 18 Oct 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds great thanks. Was the tour long enough to see all the sights? 2 hours long is that right?
I must admit we spent a whole day on our tour with the stops - it was a 24he price and we did all three routes and got every cent out of it - weather wasn’t great so a good way too see LA, relax and decide where to get off and spend more time but it wasn’t a celebrity Homes tour although they did go into Beverly Hills and out a few famous/notorious ones !
Old 18 Oct 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I stayed there last year - loved it! Location was everything.Also,stayed in the Fairmont Grand Del Mar just outside San Diego which was even better. Service was superb
Yes location and history make me book hotels - if I am not after being by the beach I stay at Chateau Marmont which is fabulous for both of those
Old 18 Oct 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks gorgeous. Cheapest room for our stay was over $700 per night. Bit out of our price range lol
That will be the rack rate - I never pay that. Google all search engines like Expedia, hotels.com etc and find best price then physically telephone the hotel and see if they can better it - works every time for me but takes a lot of patience and screen shots