Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Oct 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jacko7
Earning More Ears

Monterey Hotels Help

Hi I wondered if anyone could recommend reasonable hotels for family of 4 adults and 1 child in Monterey please?
I was originally looking at flying into sfo and staying in sf 3 nights then Yosemite then onto Monterey but when I check Monterey the cheapest I can find is £500 per night for a 2 star motel. Apparently there is a car convention during our dates in mid August next year so I’m now thinking of flying to sfo then staying in Monterey, then San Francisco, then Yosemite then back down coast to la just So I can avoid the car convention and ridiculous prices. Unless anyone has other suggestions on where to stay instead of Monterey?

Would really appreciate any advice, it will be my daughter’s 21st birthday whilst there so I would like to get this trip right but I didn’t bank on the Monterey car convention! Thank you
jacko7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve booked Hotel Abrego for our first visit next March. It looks decent and is a short walk to the downtown and Cannery Row areas. It’s working out much cheaper than lots of other Monterey hotels but gets really good reviews so we’re looking forward to it! Good luck with your search!
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We booked the Portola for next April during the Easter hols. We found the best deal on the Hotels own website. $587 for 2 nights and with Breakfast for the two adults (not the 2 children!).
It looks rather well located and gets great reviews.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at Hotel Abrego in September last year. We had no complaints, nice room, hot tub would stay again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We wanted to book the plaza for our stay on sept 1st next year but got a decent price for the abrego so booked it. I kept an eye on trivago and one day the plaza popped up for only £15 more than I had booked the Abrego for. I would book something on flexible rate and keep an eye on prices to see if they drop.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

we booked the quality inn on N Fremont sweet, was ok for a cheap hotel for 1 night. I do recommend Chef Lee's Mandarin house if you're looking for a good Chinese option in that area, massive portions and the excellent food
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

When we stayed there in 2016 we stayed a little bit outside of town in the Carmel valley. We stayed at Quail Lodge. It was the most expensive hotel of our holiday, but not that price. It was amazing. Would go back in a heart beat.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at the Hotel Pacific - huge junior suite with separate living room area and very reasonable rates when we went around memorial day last year (around 150 USD per night off the top of my head, including breakfast) - I highly recommend it!

Edited at 01:34 PM.
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We stayed at Hotel Abrego, it was lovely.
Short walk through town to the seafront and next to a Dennys
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at Stagecoach Hotel. It was nothing fancy but it as clean and had breakfast included. It wasn’t expensive,
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List