Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Jan 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
camBB
Earning More Ears

Hi,
Just booked a Standard SUV through Auto Europe on the Alamo Max deal. Will the Standard SUV then recieve the an upgrade and if so what is the next car up?
Thanks
camBB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by camBB View Post
Hi,
Just booked a Standard SUV through Auto Europe on the Alamo Max deal. Will the Standard SUV then recieve the an upgrade and if so what is the next car up?
Thanks
Hmm, I don't believe the Alamo Max gives you an upgrade on the standard SUV. If you booked the intermediate SUV, it's give you the upgrade to the standard SUV. I'll take a look when I'm back in the office later

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

I noticed today that Alamo Max was now available for my booking in November through AutoEurope. I had a full size SUV booked for 14 days.
Rebooked it and for an extra 35 quid, I got a tank of fuel and 3 additional drivers... Result !
Not sure if there is an upgrade for the Full Size SUV. Only time will tell.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Just double checked with my own supplier on the Alamo Max product and it shows only the following vehicles are included:

Economy -> Compact
Compact -> Intermediate
Intermediate -> Standard
Standard -> Full size car
Intermediate SUV -> Standard SUV

If you book an intermediate SUV and log in to the online check in website, it shows the vehicle you're upgraded to.

I'd be interested to know if yours shows an upgrade on the standard or full size SUV. I'd be very surprised if it did.

DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

[QUOTE=DFCH-Andy;14234225

I'd be interested to know if yours shows an upgrade on the standard or full size SUV. I'd be very surprised if it did.[/QUOTE]

No upgrade from a Full Size SUV is shown on the Alamo booking.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
chelsea1
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

If you don’t get an upgrade do you still get the free additional driver?
chelsea1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by chelsea1 View Post
If you don’t get an upgrade do you still get the free additional driver?
Just popped out again so can't double check but I don't recall seeing a free additional driver on Max. There was an offer on before Christmas that included an additional driver on the standard Alamo package (not Max) but that's ended.

Old 9 Jan 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
chelsea1
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Just contacted AutoEurope to get the lowdown on Alamo Max. They advise that Alamo Max is actually a spin off company from Alamo but basically the same thing (pretty much the same as Hertz etc have done). Basically it is Alamo competing with itself with different packages. The advantage of the Max quote was whilst the same price on both the Max quote give me tyre, underside, window cover etc. Bizarrely the agent was able to see options that I couldn’t and he couldn’t see the price I had on the AutoEurope website. He was able to see prices that had a free tank of fuel, 3 additional drivers at an additional cost of £130 for two weeks (for a Ford Expedition). Not sure that I am really any wiser but he is emailing me the quotes.
chelsea1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

I booked tonight through auto europe with Alamo max, we want an intermediate so I've booked a compact as intermediate is the next class up. My voucher doesn't actually say we are getting an intermediate just that we will get an upgrade of one class up. Can we still go straight to garage and will we just select an intermediate or will we have to see a staff member?
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Aero
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by minimum77 View Post
I booked tonight through auto europe with Alamo max, we want an intermediate so I've booked a compact as intermediate is the next class up. My voucher doesn't actually say we are getting an intermediate just that we will get an upgrade of one class up. Can we still go straight to garage and will we just select an intermediate or will we have to see a staff member?
Aero is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List