Notices

Old 22 Aug 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Into the Unknown ‘21- pre trip report

Is it too early for a pre trip report?

Might not even get to go but let’s be half full for a change.

I will update as it gets closer but since I have nothing better to do I’ll start now

Crew 

Me: will be 33 😱 when we board Iona. 

Hubby: will also be 33. 

Scarlett: Will be 6 very nearly 7

Georgia: She is 5 and half.

These are my beautiful girls in Florida in 2019. 

Bodie - the mutt is old so will have to see closer to the time where he can go but I know it won’t be on this ship

The Plan

Going with P & O on the Iona for one weeks just before summer school holidays.

Cost us £1696 for one weeks for balcony cabin (kids will be on bunk beds) and includes the food (and drinks such as tea coffee and juice while in the restaurants).

We went a bit holiday mad in 2020 with cruise and Florida booked and We had decided to stick to England in 2021 for a break from abroad. P&o sent me this deal for the same fjords cruise we had to cancel when we moved house. For the same price we would have paid back then with the same balcony but on the newest ship, I really couldn’t say no, could I?

Will also book parking with cps again for £95ish

The itinerary

This is a very basic itinerary. As I won’t know until we are onboard what offers are on at the restaurants, what shows will be performing and when then most days we might just be going with the flow. 
Also as the ship is new and there aren’t any photos or anything out yet then I don’t know enough about anything really. All I know is we are on deal 15.

17th July Day 1. 
Drive down leaving at about 9.30am. Board at Southampton 3pm ish

18th July Day 2. At sea

19th July Day 3. stravanger

20th July Day 4. Olden

21st July Day 5. Geiranger

22nd July Day 6. Haugesund

23rd July Day 7. At sea

24th July. Day 8. Dock at Southampton 10am. Drive home for about 2pm. 

Last time we were on a cruise we had €300 to spend and we spent nothing so that’s a bit useless now cos need nok. Aww well I’m sure I’ll find something for it. No idea how much we will take. Won’t get any till just before we leave.

I have budgeted £70 a day for our drinks. I will not buy the package as I don’t think it’s good value(£80 for our cabin but quite a few wines excluded) we have £210 for the holiday for specialty dinning.
£100 on petrol. £50 for in case we have food or coffee on the car journeys etc. 

So we have £850 in total to play with.Ill take a credit card in case. Will always do a running total of costs. Love knowing how much I’ve paid per day.

Unfortunately I am one of those who loves lists and spreadsheets. Drives my husband mad. 

We also don’t have much of a plan.

We are just going to try and relax and sight see. But the best of all is going to be eating lots of food without me having to cook! 
Oh and actually having some date nights too. 

Costs so far

£1446 - cruise including all discounts( had £250 discounts from last cruise didn’t use)

£. -spending
£. -nok

£. - parking 

Total £
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

How lovely to have something to look forward to, looks beautiful

Del
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Well that’s gone out the window now.

Seems the fjords is doomed as it’s been twice on the cards and never happened.

Aww well. Let’s hope for Florida 2022 maybe
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

I saw that P&O have cancelled until at least August, I'm sorry that's happened and wrecked your plans. Hopefully you will still have the opportunity to do something as a family this summer-it makes such a difference to have something nice to look forward to!
Old 10 Mar 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

Let us know what ends up happening, I have never been keen on P&O, they always seem stuck between are they a stuck up cruise line not too dis-similar to Cunard where you have to wear you Tux and suits to dinner? Or are they a Butlins at sea where everyone waves their Union Jacks and gets as drunk as they can and the fights?

However over recent years with ships like Britannia, Iona and eventually Arvia joining the fleet, it does seem like they are trying to have an overhaul and carve out a market for themselves with a younger generation of cruisers. So would deffo consider taking a sailing on one of the newer ships...

Azura, Ventura, Aurora and even Arcadia all seem a bit Wetherspoons to me!
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Just_Pete View Post
Let us know what ends up happening, I have never been keen on P&O, they always seem stuck between are they a stuck up cruise line not too dis-similar to Cunard where you have to wear you Tux and suits to dinner? Or are they a Butlins at sea where everyone waves their Union Jacks and gets as drunk as they can and the fights?

However over recent years with ships like Britannia, Iona and eventually Arvia joining the fleet, it does seem like they are trying to have an overhaul and carve out a market for themselves with a younger generation of cruisers. So would deffo consider taking a sailing on one of the newer ships...

Azura, Ventura, Aurora and even Arcadia all seem a bit Wetherspoons to me!
We like P&o. Never really found it stuck up or butlins but then again we have been to butlins a few times so might not have the highest tastes.
For me I like to leave Southampton. P&o deals we got were always good with the itinerary I wanted. Yes we have to dress for dinner but it’s nice sometimes. We didn’t see anyone drunk where we were on a ship last. Tbh it’s got more of the older generation on there and I did think that I would hate cruises full of old folk before I first went but we loved it and so did the kids so we will go back with P&o eventually when all this is over and the prices are right.