Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Oct 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

Has anyone downloaded the Lyft app here with promo codes and its transfered from £ to $. on its website it states any promo will be paid in local currency so therefore will have free rides stuck in £ that i wont use or does it change when in florida and order first ride Want to use when im there.
Cheers Toddy
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

Just back and wanted to give anyone interested in using uber /lyft how it worked out for us.
Only used lyft on this trip because i got $10 dollars free ride when i downloaded and used lyft then got a link for others to use so my son downloaded app and got $5 for him and another $5 for me when he used first time.
We then both added the promo 4$ off 10 rides, so in total had $100 off 20 rides.
We used lyft from MCO to Disney Springs hotel used lyft to and from Disney parks for 2 days. (Galaxy Edge Mainly).
We then moved to international drive for 8 more days again using lyft to the parks (universal ) and shopping outlets,golf,shooting.
And again back to airport last day.
In total we spent £202.34 . This was for 10 days in total and we both found the experience very good and so easy to use.
Before i went i looked at car hire ( i normally drive) this was £193 for 10 days plus the cost of parking at hotel and parks it would have come to £302.
Hope this helps Toddy
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rapunzel27
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by toddy22 View Post
Just back and wanted to give anyone interested in using uber /lyft how it worked out for us.
Only used lyft on this trip because i got $10 dollars free ride when i downloaded and used lyft then got a link for others to use so my son downloaded app and got $5 for him and another $5 for me when he used first time.
We then both added the promo 4$ off 10 rides, so in total had $100 off 20 rides.
We used lyft from MCO to Disney Springs hotel used lyft to and from Disney parks for 2 days. (Galaxy Edge Mainly).
We then moved to international drive for 8 more days again using lyft to the parks (universal ) and shopping outlets,golf,shooting.
And again back to airport last day.
In total we spent £202.34 . This was for 10 days in total and we both found the experience very good and so easy to use.
Before i went i looked at car hire ( i normally drive) this was £193 for 10 days plus the cost of parking at hotel and parks it would have come to £302.
Hope this helps Toddy
That’s really helpful thank can I ask what codes you used? Husband and I will be doing this for our upcoming trip, not used Lyft before only Uber so def going to be using lyft.
Old 27 Oct 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

lyftpromo15 is showing now,cany remember which ours was, but when you do dowload app go to promos it should give you link to send to others plus $4 off 10 rides.
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
For Lyft:

$15 $5 credit per ride for 3 rides LYFTPROMO15
$16 $4 credit per ride for 4 rides LYFTPROMO16
$18 $3 credit per ride for 6 rides LYFTPROMO18
$25 $2.50 credit per ride for 10 rides LYFTPROMO25
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

This post hasn't been updated since pre-COVID, so I have a question or two for recent UBER users...
  1. Since the mask lifting, are UBER drivers still insisting on masks>? (completely understandable if they are)
  2. What is the availability of UBERS? Have wait times increased? (again, understandable)
  3. How much have prices increased from pre-COVID?
  4. Any bad experiences on UBER?

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Raestars
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
This post hasn't been updated since pre-COVID, so I have a question or two for recent UBER users...
  1. Since the mask lifting, are UBER drivers still insisting on masks>? (completely understandable if they are)
  2. What is the availability of UBERS? Have wait times increased? (again, understandable)

I've had friends mostly complain about a lack of availability at the minute. A lot of drivers had to go and get other jobs during the height of the pandemic, and haven't returned meaning that there's just not as many around. I've had friends who have waited for ages for an uber. In terms of pricing, none have said much about price changes.
Raestars is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Fingers crossed with more tourists, more drivers!

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post

Wondering if anyone knows the current situation over in Orlando on Uber etc...

Old 18 Oct 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DeepAK4
Helping Mickey

Really interesting long thread. I know it started in 2015 but it really helps.
Thanks for posting.