Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jul 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
stov
A Guest at All-Stars

Hifly

Flew Thursday LGW to MCO. Like others tried for refund a couple of months ago from Norwegian but no joy.
firstly the plane, looked basic from outside, just plane white. Inside was clean and legroom generous. Back tv unit had selection of about 15 movies, although wife’s screen didn’t work. USB charger with each screen. Food was average, chicken or beef, then chicken roll.
Here’s a tip, the staff do the basics, no selling of snacks or drinks, so take your own. They served the meals then for the next 5hrs we were told to shut the blinds, so it was like a night flight, is this standard practice? They then came back for the sandwiches.
I can’t fault the flight, minimal turbulence, left slightly late, mainly due to taxiing to take off.
Overall not a patch on Dreamliner, but we got here, I’m an anxious flyer but felt relaxed, so no need to worry if you’re the same, you just don’t get that customer attention and most importantly, take plenty of fluid and snacks.
stov is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Glad to hear that after seeing some of the other reports on Hi Fly I'd seen (not on here).
I was looking for a flight for an additional to our trip next month, but TUI to Sanford came in best price/times
Orlando_Kings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tonyspurs81
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by stov View Post
Flew Thursday LGW to MCO. Like others tried for refund a couple of months ago from Norwegian but no joy.
firstly the plane, looked basic from outside, just plane white. Inside was clean and legroom generous. Back tv unit had selection of about 15 movies, although wife’s screen didn’t work. USB charger with each screen. Food was average, chicken or beef, then chicken roll.
Here’s a tip, the staff do the basics, no selling of snacks or drinks, so take your own. They served the meals then for the next 5hrs we were told to shut the blinds, so it was like a night flight, is this standard practice? They then came back for the sandwiches.
I can’t fault the flight, minimal turbulence, left slightly late, mainly due to taxiing to take off.
Overall not a patch on Dreamliner, but we got here, I’m an anxious flyer but felt relaxed, so no need to worry if you’re the same, you just don’t get that customer attention and most importantly, take plenty of fluid and snacks.
Thanks for this informative post. We fly two weeks on Tuesday on a Hifly flight and we are a bit apprehensive. I assume you were on the A340?

We've got plenty of snacks purchased thanks to your advice.

Could I ask if there were no other drinks available outside meals? That seems pretty poor as we don't routinely bring drinks for flights because you can't take them through security. I guess we will need to purchase enough After Security in Boots.

Edited at 05:56 PM.
tonyspurs81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Parkie
Getting Excited

They have a few A340's but checking on the Norwegian website it seems the a340 is going to be used for this route right up to October time.

We fly with them next year, lets hope the 787 has its new engines fixed by then!
Parkie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Any updates? We are flying on DI7057 and rtning on DI7058
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
tonyspurs81
Getting Excited

We are still here. Flew out on 13th August. Had a 6 hour delay at Gatwick including 3 hours at the gate whilst the engines "were put back together". I kid you not this is what was announced as an attempt at humour but to be fair to Hifly this was Norwegian staff. The flight itself was fine. Seats were comfortable. Lots of legroom. Food was awful (but again this was Nowegians food). The Hifly staff were ok nothing terrible but very slow at serving food and drinks. There was a drinks service on board but poured from bottles rather than cans or bottles.

The inflight entertainment was poor. A choice a 5 films and a few TV episodes. Nothing for young children unfortunately for us.

All in all it was just ok. Not the Dreamliner experience we were sold including mail out emails from Norwegian boasting about it a week before our flight.

I will be sending Norwegian a letter about how dissatisfied we are with them (although I do sympathise with their position) and will claim compensation for the lengthy delay.

Overall Hifly felt safe and got us to Orlando. It's a 19 year old plane and it shows but it does the job.

Edited at 01:25 AM.
tonyspurs81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tonyspurs81 View Post
We are still here. Flew out on 13th August. Had a 6 hour delay at Gatwick including 3 hours at the gate whilst the engines "were put back together". I kid you not this is what was announced as an attempt at humour but to be fair to Hifly this was Norwegian staff. The flight itself was fine. Seats were comfortable. Lots of legroom. Food was awful (but again this was Nowegians food). The Hifly staff were ok nothing terrible but very slow at serving food and drinks. There was a drinks service on board but poured from bottles rather than cans or bottles.

The inflight entertainment was poor. A choice a 5 films and a few TV episodes. Nothing for young children unfortunately for us.

All in all it was just ok. Not the Dreamliner experience we were sold including mail out emails from Norwegian boasting about it a week before our flight.

I will be sending Norwegian a letter about how dissatisfied we are with them (although I do sympathise with their position) and will claim compensation for the lengthy delay.

Overall Hifly felt safe and got us to Orlando. It's a 19 year old plane and it shows but it does the job.
I have flown noweigen before , so i know about the food, we take our own 😂😂🤣 i wasnt expecting entertainment, so taking the lappy with films👍
colin39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Elliott
I have Ears

Originally Posted by tonyspurs81 View Post

Thanks for this. I’m researching hi fly as we’ve had to move to Norwegian since the ba strikes cancelled our flight.

Do you remember what films there were?
Elliott is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
hollijain
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
Thanks for this. I’m researching hi fly as we’ve had to move to Norwegian since the ba strikes cancelled our flight.

Do you remember what films there were?
Snap! Hope they're ok, as long as they get us there safely then that's the main thing.
hollijain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Its a shame the norweigen flight last year was lovely, ok they squeezed you up a bit, but the plane was new, so new we were the 1st on it