Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Attraction Tickets Direct
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 23 Aug 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
#665
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

 
cheekytink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Its been a very long day here in Orlando, after getting up at 2am to open the email, we are now just catching up after a day at EPCOT.
Relief thats its done and 2x7s and 9x 6s, which is fab.
Im leaving the country for A Levels.
__________________
I'm a Great British Mickey Waffle Presenter

Been to DLRP 32 times?
Yes... Yes I have

DLP INFINITY ANNUAL PASSHOLDER 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (three times so far with another booked)! Ask me anything:grin:
WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18 and 19 booked!
DL 97
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
It's a family affair...
Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
#666
walt4it
VIP Dibber

 
walt4it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 08

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
Its been a very long day here in Orlando, after getting up at 2am to open the email, we are now just catching up after a day at EPCOT.
Relief thats its done and 2x7s and 9x 6s, which is fab.
Im leaving the country for A Levels.
We need to do A levels as well

Will join you in that country!
__________________
I'm a Great British Mickey Waffle Podcast Presenter- hope you are a listener

2019 - Pre Trip Report now posted! Going out in a Blaze of Glory - click here to see what is upcoming

A Mi11ion Dreams =2018 a complete trip report can be read by clicking here


All of our previous Trip reports can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going out in a Blaze of Glory.
Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 19, 04:54 AM  
Link to this Post
#667
Jo 77
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Nov 16
Mobile

Our biggest shock was also English. DS got a 2 and a 3 in the mocks but got a 6 and a 9!
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Port Orleans Riverside
Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
#668
Jagmate
Getting Excited
 
Join Date: Jul 14
Really proud of DS. Passed everything with a mix of 6s, 7s and 8s plus an A for his higher project. Huge thrill was after getting a 5 and a 6 respectively for Eng Lit and Lang in his mocks, he got a 7 and an 8 for the real McCoy! We're considering going for a remark in History as he was one mark off a 7 which was what he was predicted and which is one of his A' Level subjects along with Geography and Politics. We have been to buy his Sixth Form tie and I've never seen him keener to get on and finish his bridging work before starting back a week on Tuesday. Chuffed to bits for him and all of his friends.

Not looking forward to two years time when it will be GCSEs for DD and A'Levels for DS. I genuinely think my hair will be white and my gin consumption may go up considerably!

Edited at 06:20 PM.
Jagmate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Florida Holiday
Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#669
Jo 77
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Nov 16
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jagmate View Post
Really proud of DS. Passed everything with a mix of 6s, 7s and 8s plus an A for his higher project. Huge thrill was after getting a 5 and a 6 respectively for Eng Lit and Lang in his mocks, he got a 7 and an 8 for the real McCoy! We're considering going for a remark in History as he was one mark off a 7 which was what he was predicted and which is one of his A' Level subjects along with Geography and Politics. We have been to buy his Sixth Form tie and I've never seen him keener to get on and finish his bridging work before starting back a week on Tuesday. Chuffed to bits for him and all of his friends.

Not looking forward to two years time when it will be GCSEs for DD and A'Levels for DS. I genuinely think my hair will be white and my gin consumption may go up considerably!
Well done to your ds. So many people seem to have done better than expected in English. We even paid for tutoring for our son, just to make sure he passed and didn't have to repeat as it's his weakest subject. Still can't believe he got a 9!

We went to buy his school tie before we came away and found his school supply it which was a bonus so just had to get a suit and shoes. Although, having said that, it would have been better if we'd just had to buy the tie 😂
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Port Orleans Riverside
Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
#670
Jagmate
Getting Excited
 
Join Date: Jul 14
Originally Posted by Jo 77 View Post
Well done to your ds. So many people seem to have done better than expected in English. We even paid for tutoring for our son, just to make sure he passed and didn't have to repeat as it's his weakest subject. Still can't believe he got a 9!

We went to buy his school tie before we came away and found his school supply it which was a bonus so just had to get a suit and shoes. Although, having said that, it would have been better if we'd just had to buy the tie 😂
We did the same with both English and Maths tutoring during Year 11. Didn't want to rely on school to give him the confidence that he needed that he could pass those subjects first time. His English tutor is also an examiner for one of the boards and when we rang him he told us that he'd been ever more fearful as he'd been marking the papers as he felt that they were so difficult and the marking guidance that they'd been given meant such a small percentage of kids were going to be able to access the top grades so he told DS he'd done absolutely brilliantly to get an 8 and even more so for your DS with a 9! He said he felt that too much A'Level expectations and subject matter had crept in to GCSE papers.
Jagmate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Florida Holiday
Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#671
aitchieaitchie
Apprentice Imagineer
 
aitchieaitchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11
Location: UK
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
We need to do A levels as well

Will join you in that country!
Let's go to Florida! A levels for us too...
__________________
aitchieaitchie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Working on booking next trip!
Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#672
aitchieaitchie
Apprentice Imagineer
 
aitchieaitchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11
Location: UK
Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Do they still put the results In the local newspapers? They used to when I was at school
Me too but that was 1987 - my DS was horrified that anyone could see what grades I got. I only got 5 O levels so DS beat me by getting 11 and don't i know about it
__________________
aitchieaitchie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Working on booking next trip!
Reply With Quote
Reply
US Rent A Car

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Discount Florida Car Hire

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2216
CaxtonFX  $1.2147
Covent Garden FX  $1.2306
FAIRFX  $1.2145
John Lewis  $1.2272
M&S  $1.2014
Post Office  $1.2185
Sainsburys  $1.2191
TESCO  $1.2240
Travelex  $1.2150
Updated: 19:03 23/09/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1083
CaxtonFX  €1.1052
Covent Garden FX  €1.1149
FAIRFX  €1.1055
John Lewis  €1.1159
M&S  €1.0921
Post Office  €1.1053
Sainsburys  €1.1075
TESCO  €1.1102
Travelex  €1.1020
Updated: 19:03 23/09/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Mon 23rd Sep 2:12pm
Now: 30C/86F
Broken Clouds
Broken Clouds
Cloud Cover: 75%
Wind: 11mph - NE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1017mb
Humidity: 51%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 18:00 23/09/2019