Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Florida Tix
Unread 20 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I've just been looking online and found this info. money/guides/what-...ike-action.htm
We go on a cruise the day after - so can't even change the days a bit.
We too are cruising and although we fly a month later I'm aware that with negotiations delaying the strike start date we could still be affected. We do have 2 days in Miami to play with before the cruise so my attitude is we may lose our Miami plans and end up flying indirect at worst but should still make it.
Thankfully we are flying home with AA so "only" have the UNISON strike threat to worry about at Heathrow (and if we get stuck in Florida it's not such a disaster anyway )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cheeky week, cruise and no parks
Unread 20 Jul 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 47

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
We too are cruising and although we fly a month later I'm aware that with negotiations delaying the strike start date we could still be affected. We do have 2 days in Miami to play with before the cruise so my attitude is we may lose our Miami plans and end up flying indirect at worst but should still make it.
Thankfully we are flying home with AA so "only" have the UNISON strike threat to worry about at Heathrow (and if we get stuck in Florida it's not such a disaster anyway )
Every year something turns up to 'worry' about in the holiday run up and BA is this years! We only have 1 night pre cruise then onto the BC post cruise - I don't mind getting stuck there but I would like to actually arrive on time
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Now POFQ, Dreaming, then the Beach Club
Unread 20 Jul 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by syber32 View Post
Hopefully see you on the plane
I really hope so !
howerd is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Useful info here:

independent/travel...-a9015001.html

Encouraged by this bit:

Routes such as Heathrow-Miami could be particularly prioritised because of the large number of passengers using the link in connection with cruises.

I hope so as I am flying to Miami!

Southern Dunes - Sep/Oct 2002
Esprit Davenport - Sep/Oct 2012
Windwood Bay/HRH/Hard Rock Cafe Wedding! - Oct 2014
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Trip to see the new stuff!
Unread 22 Jul 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

10 mins before ballot closes! We should know early afternoon although BA are taking BALPA to court tomorrow morning (assuming the vote is to strike) to get the vote overturned due to a legal technicality
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our 4th trip back to Orlando!
Unread 22 Jul 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney20152
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by mouskevik View Post
Useful info here:

independent/travel...-a9015001.html

Encouraged by this bit:

Routes such as Heathrow-Miami could be particularly prioritised because of the large number of passengers using the link in connection with cruises.

I hope so as I am flying to Miami!
We are also flying Heathrow to Miami albeit starting at Newcastle. However , if given enough notice we could easily make alternative arrangements to get to Heathrow. This is so stressful ! X
Disney20152 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Saratoga Springs
Unread 22 Jul 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Raiponce
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Disney20152 View Post
We are also flying Heathrow to Miami albeit starting at Newcastle. However , if given enough notice we could easily make alternative arrangements to get to Heathrow. This is so stressful ! X
On 10th, we are flying Manchester (BA ticket on BA flight) to Heathrow to Miami, but we have an AA ticket on a BA operated flight for this leg. I agree the not knowing is so stressful and if we had enough notice we could get from Manchester to Heathrow by other means if necessary as we arrive in Manchester from Paris the day before.

Also, if the first "leg" (second in reality for us), from Manchester to Heathrow was cancelled, would they let us "join" direct at Heathrow if that flight was going ahead I wonder...I don't even know who we would need to contact, BA, AA or our insurance!

Edited at 01:24 PM.
Raiponce is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POR 2019
Unread 22 Jul 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
We fly on the 12th into Miami! Im following you, until I know otherwise we are going! I cant even begin to think we wont go 😢
We fly on the 13th. Ill be so upset. We have a bit of a road trip to begin with with lots of stops so Ill be gutted if we miss anything

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Weddingmoon!
US Rent A Car