Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Aug 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Thanks for the reassurance, I know they are capable enough and both aren’t phased by it. Mil has also said she’s ring on the Sunday and check if they wanted picking up Sunday or the Monday (no train or bus service or they’d make their own way!)

It’s just me having a wobble!
Old 10 Aug 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
At 16 I was left 'home alone' till 4/5/6am with babies and young children, babysitting them while their parents had a night out. Also was left till 7am as my mum was a single mum and a nurse working nights - can't see the difference. You know your girls and if they are likely to trash the place with parties or be sensible
Gosh yes, I remember at 15 going to visit my Aunty and their newborn (less than a week old) and my Aunt and Uncle, Mum and Dad went to the pub and left me with the newborn and his 3 year old sister!
Old 10 Aug 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Sounds like a good first trip to test the water for all of you. Your close enough to get home if you needed to and they have family support around. I won't tell you what my DD got up to the first time I left her unless you've already read when I posted before 😬
Old 10 Aug 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Sounds like a good first trip to test the water for all of you. Your close enough to get home if you needed to and they have family support around. I won't tell you what my DD got up to the first time I left her unless you've already read when I posted before 😬
Yes I have!
I’ve also got horror stories from when I was left. First time My Mum let me have “a few” friends to sleep over. (Think she meant 1 or 2, I interpreted it as 8!) We went drinking in town and brought back a group of lads we’d just met. I then got a fit of conscience about 3 in the morning and threw the lads out!

Next time I had a full blown party which led to a fair amount of damage.

I was a “good” girl as well!
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
It depends on the children. If they were wild, unruly or you had behaviour/attitude problens then I'd be concerned about what they might get up to! If they're good, sensible children then definitely. We've just had a long weekend in Oxford and left our 16 year old son at home on his own, and our 17 year old (nearly 18) daughter moved out last month in to her own house with her boyfriend. Both of ours are very level headed and trustworthy, so if yours are the same, then I don't see why you wouldn't. It's that time of transition, but I do understand how hard it is.
L2P isn’t ur eldest sensible! When you read everyone’s posts on here you feel you know each other . Aren’t u doing a surprise 18th Florida trip have you know had to take the BF
Don’t think mines ever moving and she’s 22
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Totally depends on the children. My daughter turns 16 next month and I will then happily leave her at home overnight for a night or 2 looking after her 11 year old brother if we decide to go away.

She is VERY sensible, practical and down to earth, and my 11 year old know if she’s left in charge then she is the boss. My parents are 2 minutes away if they need them.

On the flip side I have friends with 19 year olds that I wouldn’t trust,

Absolutely your call. And don’t let what others might think change your mind. You know your own kids.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Sorry but at 17 was in Army could not wait till 18 to be deployed to South Atantic or NI.
Different times different thoughts I guess.
As a parent of 30 and 25 year olds they stayed on own from under 16 in evenings and when eldest was 16 overnight.
More scared of Mrs duncanb if they b$#@$d about than me.
Your choice when you cut umbilical cord.
Old 10 Aug 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

My Dad always makes birthday cards. This is this years to DD😜
Old 10 Aug 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
L2P isn’t ur eldest sensible! When you read everyone’s posts on here you feel you know each other . Aren’t u doing a surprise 18th Florida trip have you know had to take the BF
Don’t think mines ever moving and she’s 22
Yes, she's definitely got her head screwed on, but did get home sick her first night away and turned up the next day asking if she could take her duvet as she didn't like her boyfriends, bless her. We do get some funny calls from her though checking things like if it's okay to cook carrots and broccoli in the same panb She's settling in to independent life though
We've got the secret birthday trip coming up soon. Only 8 more weeks until the reveal, then her boyfriend is coming out to join us the second week as a surprise. Can't wait to see her face when he walks in to the hotel!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Sounds like they will be ok if 17 in September and they have each other. Trying to decide if ok to leave out 15 yr old dd overnight soon but Im leaning towards her going to a friends as seems a bit young, not sure I could relax x
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List