Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Aug 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

We had similar issues with my sister trying to buy a car that was previously registered in Ireland, took 4/5 weeks for the dvla to sort it out and get their act together, it also messed with the Hpi checks too!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Stew_the_red
slightly serious Dibber

i have had another chat with Mercedes this afternoon, not the guy who sold me it but the chap has told me its now taxed and i am now awaiting a call to confirm when its getting delivered, i now think its deffo been a smoke screen but will never know!

thanks for all the words of advice

stew
Stew_the_red is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess104
slightly serious Dibber

Mine was with Mercedes as well but took them 5 weeks to sort.
Princess104 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You do have to wait for confirmation logbook from the DVLA to be able to tax it. We had this when we removed a private plate when selling.
It was really quickly posted, you need the number which can only be found on the DVLA issued log book to be able to buy tax.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stew_the_red View Post
I am gobsmacked a reputable single make showroom has acted like this, took the gloss of it a little!
You shouldnt be, the way Stratstone BMW in Doncaster have been in the weeks since I bought my car have only served to reinforce all the old stereotypes about car dealers
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Stew_the_red
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
You shouldnt be, the way Stratstone BMW in Doncaster have been in the weeks since I bought my car have only served to reinforce all the old stereotypes about car dealers
to be fair ive only ever bought from the likes of The Car People and 1 small family run showroom and have never had an issue, ive bought the wife a couple of cars from a garage that has a checkered past here in warrington and they've been fantastic.

todays findings tends to confirm my suspicion that they were covering something up but alas I will never be able to prove it!
Stew_the_red is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
lucylou
Excited about Disney

I work for a motor dealer and come across this problem all the time. When a private number is taken off a car and either retained or transferred to another car the dealer can not do anything with the car until the new log book is received with an age related number on it. You cannot tax the car to a new keeper until this is received as you have to quote the reference on the new log book to tax it .The old log book becomes null and void once the application to transfer the number is processed. Although the log books can come quite quick the DVLA advise that it can take 3 - 5 weeks. Road tax cannot be transferred to a new keeper. Once you have the new log book you can tax the car online and change the ownership to the new keeper quite easily.
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Stew_the_red
slightly serious Dibber

So after a frank conversations the garage have confirmed this little beauty is being dropped off tomorrow, my first venture into the world of Automatic car ownership...

excited mutely...

Edited at 08:56 PM.
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My private plate was put on retention Saturday evening online, reverted to original plate, so I can sell my car. New documents came in the post today, although retention letter isn’t here yet.
New one arrives in two weeks! Not excited that much yet, but I will be when it gets here.
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stew_the_red View Post
So after a fe frank conversations the garage have confirmed this little beauty is being dropped off tomorrow, my first venture into the world of Automatic car ownership...

excited mutely...

Does it come with the Mercedes tracking device fitted or did you ask for it to be removed?

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List