Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

I’m always cautious these days ever since someone tried to rob me at knifepoint when I was a postie, the fella was asking me if I had change as I was continuing my round to which I repeatedly told him NO. I thought I was rid of him since he vanished and was livid when he grabbed me crossing a back lane and forced me up against a back gate demanding any cash I had and all the Giros in my bag. Well I didn’t appreciate his demeanour one bit and fought my way out of his grasp, good old survival instincts, very shaken I continued my route and went back to the office and told my manager. After that I went to the police station and filed a report ( long before I had a mobile phone) and then went home for a good cry and a cup of tea. It took all my courage to back out in public after that let me tell you. I didn’t quit but for a while my boss kept an eye on me by patrolling those streets. They never did find the person who did it but he never got those Giros either. I’m now very wary of people in the streets to this day.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.

Edited at 07:03 AM.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Yes I think it does sound more like the lady was puzzled rather than trying anything sinister.
I am reluctant to offer strangers lift ever since my husband gave a lift to a tall stranger (he was dark but not handsome ) . We were on a ferry going into Dover, I wasn’t happy he had said yes, because the guy ended up sitting in the back of the car next to our baby son (who was just under 1 at the time).
I felt very uneasy with him in the car. We got to the guys where you give your passports, and the stranger gave his papers, the port person asked is this man with you, I said no. He said we will have to come with us...I said ok , said bye to the man.
He was acting very strangely at the time he handed over his papers.
We had a long journey up to Liverpool after that... most of it was spent with me seething at my husband 🤣🤣. I asked why he said yes, he said I didn’t want to seem unfriendly or unhelpful.
The hubby is still like that now, he’s a big guy, full of tattoos, and people don’t expect him to be as nice as he is 🤣🤣

Edited at 09:18 AM.
lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
a few weeks ago when it was bucketing town I was out in town late evening and an old guy was laying on the ground crying and saying he was in pain and his arm was numb and he couldn't breath etc. My friend called an ambulance thinking he was having a heart attack or something. The ambulance came and basically they said they knew the guy, had picked him up before and he just wanted to get a lift to A&E so he could spend the night inside in the warm and dry - it's apparently something he does whenever the weathers bad as he is homeless but is too scared to go to the homeless shelter.

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Not quite the same thing, but I still have to laugh at the thread I made a while ago when I bought a homeless man a sandwich and he got the Hump with me because I apparently bought him the wrong one😀
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List