Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Ocean Florida
Unread 21 Aug 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Why 'cheeky' hotel break?
Hi Andybear,

I know you have asked this question on the Dibb recently and in my opinion its slang for a few nights late moment away.

Hope that answers your question 😊
Unread 21 Aug 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue BL
Imagineer

Sue BL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Hope everyone is having a fab day. Me and dh have skipped away for a cheeky hotel break just us.

I just realized this morning that whenever we go away for a few nights we seriously overpack. With us just now we have a full to the brim Trip large suitcase plus I have my Michael Kors travel bag..

Any tips on traveling light on a hotel break.

Thanks 😊
I realised that I used to take loads of clothes just in case. Which led to me taking lots of shoes, jewellery, choice of handbags because I didnt really know what Id be wearing. I also used to take full size shampoo etc

Now I usually take a capsule wardrobe of the same things on every trip e.g. toiletries bag with small sizes, three pairs of shoes max including the ones Im wearing, one large and one small handbag, set of comfortable clothes (leggings/t shirt) to wear in the room, large scarf, nightwear, cardigan, pair of smart casual trousers. I also tend to take the same types of clothes and layer them. E.g. I always take a tank top which can be worn on its own in the day for say WDW in July, or underneath a couple of other things for cold conditions, or in the evening to a restaurant. What I take over and above the basics depends where Im going and what Im going to do when I get there. I think that bit of forward planning is the key. I still have the odd trip where I throw stuff in, so its a work in progress.

Id also say dont worry about always trying to pack light, do it when it counts! Were on site at WDW in November for eleven nights with access to laundry facilities so could easily travel with hand luggage. But were not bringing loads of stuff back, or having to pack and repack so well take hold luggage. When we went on a six night trip to Washington/Virginia/Orlando, we took the minimum.
Rick Steves has some good tips for packing light.
Happy future packing 👍
Sue BL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The BIG birthday trip
Unread 21 Aug 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I used to be away for business trips a lot. Enough underwear for each day. Enough shirts for each day as well plus one spare.
That's as it apart from a suit and casual trousers for the drive both ways.

When we go away in the UK for 1 or 2 nights my Wife counts up exactly what she needs plus a spare of every item.

Coming to Florida I bring next to nothing as my stuff is in storage out here. For some reason my Wife fills 3 cases.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fourth Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Unread 21 Aug 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Weve just been to London for 3 days ( 3 a , 1 teen) and I packed one hold-all for the four of us. We all wore jeans , boys took joggers as well, and a change of top for each day plus underwear for everyone . I Marie kondo everything these days so have loads of room, even took my own hairdryer as the premier inn ones are just too slow for me .
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yacht club, Bahama Bay , Poly :)
Unread 22 Aug 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Hi Andybear,

I know you have asked this question on the Dibb recently and in my opinion its slang for a few nights late moment away.

Hope that answers your question 😊
It really isn't.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Brightwater
Unread 22 Aug 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

If it's a nice hotel I wouldn't bother packing shower gel etc to save room in your bag. Some places have some very nice Molton Brown stuff and the like.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villas
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Doing the Highlands Fling
Unread 22 Aug 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

DD has just gone to Amsterdam on a cheap post-exams 1 week break with her mates.

Normally she takes the kitchen sink etc if going to Florida - big case, packed to the gunwales with every outfit she can muster - 23kg of c***.

This time - cheap trip, no hold baggage, one single cabin bag, limits on liquids etc - teeny tiny bag, clothing selected for its ability to take up very little space, wearing anything bulky, nothing "extra" for the sake of it.

(She has realized she is travelling to a country that actually has shops if she needs anything)

So would suggest you pack as if you are travelling by easyjet with no hold luggage. Seems to focus the mind - especially if you do so at 3am when being picked up at 4am.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
It really isn't.
What does it mean Sue?
Orlando Attraction Tickets