Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Well I text and he said each way is fine , I kept thinking of all the scenarios where something happens and he couldn’t pick us up (delays etc) as it is only normally a one man firm that just does airport runs and I would have had to try to get the £100 return journey money back . I am probably too doubting 😂

Edited at 05:37 AM.
JLH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
Well I text and he said each way is fine , I kept thinking of all the scenarios where something happens and he couldn’t pick us up (delays etc) and I would have had to try to get the £100 return journey money back . I am probably too doubting 😂
I think you are being sensible. Plus why should somebody else have the use of your money before earning it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
judy22
Apprentice Imagineer

We use a very reputable local firm. I do a bank transfer a couple of days before we go for both journeys.
judy22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I hate the taxi transfers. Dh used to drive and leave our car at APH but a couple of years ago he decided he didn’t want to do that anymore and decided to use a firm his mates recommended.
Well the first time it was the actual owner who took us and he drove like a manic, talked about terrorist attacks on the way there, and drove so fast he got us there before he picked us up! Then on our return we were relieved to be picked up by a different driver but he got mixed up where he thought we lived and a 45 minute journey took 2 hours 😡.
Last year a woman collected us and she was so rude. She actually told us she didn’t want to take us. She had something else planned and would much rather be doing that than driving us to the airport! (The only plus to it was that it gave dd and I something to laugh at in the back of the car and to keep referring to if we need a laugh. And poor dh in the front having to listen to her and make conversation when she clearly didn’t want to be there).
Then on our return trip someone else was picking us up but the rude woman from the outward journey ALSO turned up - cue a row between them as we waited to see who would pick us up and then the rude woman arriving announcing how she had told the other woman straight it was her fare and that she was already on the carpark so sent the other one back 😂😂.
She ranted all the way home about how the owner was badly organised sending 2 drivers to one fare and again reminded us how she had HAD to take us and didn’t want to.
Dh has booked them AGAIN this year and it’s the owner taking us but he has a pick up so we have to go 45 minutes earlier than we actually should do he can do both. Oh the joys!
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
No way I would pay for a return journey on the way out. I am utterly gob smacked there is such a thing!
It's a booked journey, in that regard no different to an airline ticket but you have no issue paying for your return air flight in advance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We book a minibus for the transfers. He does 3 pick ups at the various houses before the 3 1/2 hour journey to Gatwick and then drops off on the way back. We pay upfront as it's a company we have used many times and they are reliable. In 2015 we booked a local minibus and a week before we were due to travel I rang them to confirm and was told they couldn't do it. No phone call or e mail to tell me. Luckily this company were recomended and did it for us.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We don’t pay up front nor do we pay for a return - it’s treated as two separate single trips. We only have a 40 minute journey to the airport so that might be a factor.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

We use a local firm, very reliable and pay upfront on outward journey, so far they have always picked us up, although sometimes a different driver. Tip on way out and back but only on the cost of one way.
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We now always use the same local firm and pay for each journey separately but it is often the same driver both ways, in fact one driver we have had for multiple trips and he is great.