Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Hats & phones in a restaurant

Do you or your partner or children leave their hats on whilst in a restaurant in Orlando? Do they go on their phones?
Am I really old fashioned? I find it rude. My husband is bald so needs a hat in the sun but he doesn’t not wear it on restaurants and when are all together we love to discuss firstly what we are all having then once we have ordered we chat about what we have done that day, plans for day after and get each other all excited lol however we do sometimes get the phone or camera out to take photos 😋
Last year we saw loads glued to their phones and many with hats on l. Obviously doesn’t effect us but I was brought up to not wear a hat at the table whilst eating, we would have gotten a slap round the head from my mum lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I actually noticed the hats on our last visit, a large family of various ages and every man had his hat on.
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We don't do hats,but I'm one of the rude ones who have the phone out as I can't eat till I've taken a photo of the food 😲 It's a habit now that I can't get out of.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

No its hats off for us too.I have noticed too that it's becoming more of a norm to leave the hats on while eating .Could probably understand it a bit more if it was just kids and young adults doing it but it's not ,in fact I noticed more elderly doing it than anyone else.
The phone thing I don't do as a rule but I do have to hold my hand up as sometimes ,if I am on holiday, I will sit there for a couple of minutes checking times etc and might take a couple of pictures of where we are and of the kids etc but other than that they are not out ,no texting etc.
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s everywhere! Not just USA. We were in Portugal a couple of years ago. A family of 4 came in after us. We were 2 families. My eldest DS mentioned they were all on their phones, one was on a tablet. The boys I would estimate to be around 8 and 12. They were glued to their screens throughout their meal and only spoke when asking for the bill. We left just before them but were waiting outside whilst DH went to a cash machine. The family walked passed us still on their phones/tablet. It was the most bizarre thing. They did not converse with each other. Very odd.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I don't think I've ever worn a hat while eating in a restaurant but why would it bother me if anyone else was wearing one? Doesn't affect my food.

I prefer phones to be away at the dinner table, but if we're on holiday DH and I will often be looking through pictures together, sending a postcard to a relative or catching up on emails. As you're on the go so much on holiday we take the advantage of down time while waiting for food to do things like that. It's not like we don't spend 99% of the rest of the holiday talking to each other.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hats off and phones away. Sometimes if it looks nice the kids ask to take a photo which they do and then put them away again.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Hubby always takes his hat off to eat and phones are only used to take a quick food photo.

It’s strange though that my father-in-law doesn’t take his hat off, I thought hubby would have picked that up from his dad but it’s not the case.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

No hats but my 2 are 21 and 18 and I had no problems with them being on their phone in between courses at meal times. We still chat to each other as well.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We don't use phones, it drives me insane at dinner if out.
Hats I have no bother with but it drives hubby crazy, he goes on at our sons for not taking off their baseball caps at the dinner table in a restaurant for example.
Does not phase me.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List