Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
captjack
Trying for More Ears

In a quick service in the parks I would but an evening meal no
captjack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Junogirl1
VIP Dibber

Junogirl1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I love wearing my hats. I wore my hats at my desk in college, in my lectures at uni. I’m a person who’s known for their hats.
And yet as soon as I start eating, the hat comes off. Doesn’t matter where I am, home, restaurant, even in a car, the hat comes off to eat. It’s good table manners.
Phones... I don’t have one atm but I do use my iPod.
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post

We rarely wear hats but I might get one for next trip as I think it could be hotter than normal. That being the case, if dining casually / QS there is a chance I would keep it on in case my hair has gone all horrible underneath it.

I will have my phone out at Disney if we are in the park, to take photos of food, check memory maker, review plans, tweak FPs etc. But we would be doing this together, we won't sit there both on our own phones in our own worlds. Anywhere else and no, definitely no phone at the table.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Hats off.

And to be honest if we are on holiday, the phones aren’t with us unless we are in the room. If it’s a date nights then phones are away unless we are showing each other something.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hats off! Pet hate in our family and really winds my DH up, it’s just bad manners.

Phones only used for taking photos, anything else waits until after our meal. We have this rule at home so it’s nothing out of the ordinary for us.

We’ve witnessed people with fork in one hand and phone in the other.

Each to their own I suppose...

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely hats off regardless where. Phones I will take a photo of my food then put it down and I don't allow any phones until meals are finished. If in top restaurants no phones at all.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mmm

Two opinions++In WDW during the day in eateries, hat off and the phone out, mainly because we take photos of where we are- However social media a big no

I the evening.same

The UK and here in Spain

Hats off and the Phone away as I do not feel the need to share every morsel of what I am eating and drinking
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

Hats off. Last week in Garden view Tea Room, 2 families both Dads had baseball caps on it really irked me. Phones out for photos but nothing else. Quick service in parks yeah hats probably okay but my OH would take his off. Table service definitely no hats.
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Always take our hats off but couldn't care less if anyone else keeps theirs on. Also same if anyone uses their phone, we use ours at the table, not making calls, just reading news, sports updates, social media, keeping in touch with others. Heck we've been together 44 years we don't need to talk all the time! 😂😂
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Hats off and phones away, but it doesn’t bother me what other people do. I hate ‘snobbery’ in restaurants.