Old 1 Apr 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Abi, Aaron & Edith's first stay at DLP! Day 3

Edith woke in the night and spent the rest of the night in my bed which is very strange for her. She did sleep though, albeit restlessly. When we did all wake up properly she was very restless and unhappy. Her rash had got worse and her temperature was up again. I decided as the rash had been there a few days and showed no sign of fading that we had better get her to a pharmacists to have it looked at. We told Sarah & James of our plan and said we would find them later. We popped Edith back in her cot as the pharmacist wasn’t open until 9am and she slept for about an hour. In that time I popped down to breakfast and grabbed some croissants and Nutella which we nibbled on in the room.

We loaded into the car & drove the 5 minutes to Val de Europe. We parked up and found the pharmacy, we got a ticket and were soon seeing a pharmacist. He wanted lots of information from us about the Chicken Pox jab she’d had and whether she had been vaccinated against measles. He seemed happy with the answers and put it down to being the virus Roseola which is what I had thought it was myself but I was glad of the reassurance. He just told us to keep her temperature down & keep her hydrated which we had done. He wasn’t really concerned that she hadn’t eaten in 4 days so that put my mind at rest too.

We popped to a bakery and grabbed a cheese twist and a raspberry mille foille. Oh goodness, these were amazing!

Back in the car & back to the hotel. Sarah & James were still there having had a later breakfast after magic hours so we met them in the foyer and after a quick photo with Goofy for me and Sarah, we head back over to the Studios. The parks were so much busier today (Saturday) than they has been the previous two. Slinky dog was a 45 minute wait so we skipped that & managed to catch the new Marvel show on the main stage.

Sarah & James had seen the Mickey & the Magical show yesterday when we had left them and it sounded amazing so I was keen to see it. They were happy to watch it again so we managed to use Sarah’s pass again to get priority entrance and picked some really good seats. The show was fabulous. It had a mix of beauty and the beast, Aladdin, The Lion King and Frozen. A really good watch.

It was 1.30pm by now and we had a reservation for Agrabar in the Disneyland park at 2pm so we head over there. Maisie fell asleep on the way so Sarah & James decided to leave it and me, Aaron and Edith headed in. Again, we waited for permission to join another queue! Once seated we hit the buffet. Aaron loved this one as there were a lot of healthier options, vegetables lean meat, cous cous, hummus. I liked it too. Edith wasn’t really feeling her high chair though so I had her on my lap which is never the best way to enjoy a meal.

We popped Edith in her pushchair (we had bought the single one as well as the double today in case we separated) and we walked back to the hotel stopping to buy her some toys on the way out. She fell asleep on the walk back but transferred ok to her cot and stayed asleep for a while. I took the opportunity for a hot bath to ease the ache in my feet! She woke in the end and have a nice hour or so playing with her new toys and relaxing.

We head back out, I was hankering after a milkshake so after seeing the McD’s queue and deciding against it we went to the take out bit of Annettes. I was feeling pecking so grabbed a meal deal. A chicken burger, fries and a milkshake for €19. Bargain. Again the food was really good but nothing at DLP is cheap! I was very glad we had the dining plan for the other meals.

I also grabbed a candyfloss stick!

Walking back into the park we crossed paths with Sarah and James. They had stayed in the park and were now heading back to the hotel for another meal at Hunters Grill. We wanted to watch the fireworks again so arranged to meet them later in the GF lounge. On our walk over to Disneyland, we also saw a couple of Vloggers we had been watching in the lead up to our trip. It was too busy to say hi to them but we were glad of the spot.

Into the park, we wondered through a few shops before positioning ourselves near the park exit for the fireworks. Again, the show was great. We made a quick exit afterwards and head back into the village, Aaron was peckish now so we stopped at Earl as there was no queue. He had a chicken mac & cheese. It took forever to be ready but he really enjoyed it when it came. We sat outside and he and Edith shared it. It seemed her appetite was back again and we were really pleased. That was until she gagged on an un chewed bit of pasta and threw up everything she had eaten. We were gutted.

We head back to the hotel and found Sarah & James in the lounge, we popped Edith next to Maisie with their new toys and they kept each other entertained. Edith was climbing all over Maisie and they both collapsed into fits of giggles every time. Sarah had a non alcoholic cocktail and James and Aaron had a beer. We were just sat relaxing & chatting when a lady came in and asked us if we knew what was going on. She said the hotel was on lock down and that people had been running and screaming through the village. I felt instantly sick. We had only been in the village 15 minutes before and all was calm. Aaron head out to talk to the security guards of the hotel but they didn’t have any information. They just weren’t allowed to let anyone leave. It took about 30 minutes to establish that it was a false alarm, caused by a faulty escalator in the train station making a loud bang which panicked people. It was not a nice 30 minutes and it took a long time to settle my nerves. That sort of killed the atmosphere of our last night and I think we were all glad to retreat to the safety of our hotel rooms.

The good old Mirror getting their facts right

Edited at 12:01 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Phew so glad it was a false alarm, must have been very scary and not a great way to spend your last night.
Poor Edith, she’s really suffered this trip hasn’t she xx
The food does look very nice - but wow very pricey!
The shows sound fantastic, hope Thomas manages to sit through them! Xx
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Poor Edith, such a shame she was still poorly, I don't blame you for getting her checked out, you can never be too careful!

How terrifying with the security scare, I was following along closely as there was a lot of chat about it on the DLP Facebook group I am on... lots of Chinese whispers going on that's for sure! Such a relief it was a false alarm.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Phew so glad it was a false alarm, must have been very scary and not a great way to spend your last night.
Poor Edith, she’s really suffered this trip hasn’t she xx
The food does look very nice - but wow very pricey!
The shows sound fantastic, hope Thomas manages to sit through them! Xx
It was a worrying half hour for sure!

Yea, it was such a shame Edith was feeling poorly. She was just super sleepy and lethargic which isn't like her at all. She still had some mad moments though.

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Poor Edith, such a shame she was still poorly, I don't blame you for getting her checked out, you can never be too careful!

How terrifying with the security scare, I was following along closely as there was a lot of chat about it on the DLP Facebook group I am on... lots of Chinese whispers going on that's for sure! Such a relief it was a false alarm.
It was really scary. Everything is different when you ahve a little one isn't it? I'm sure I wouldn't have felt so panicked if it were just me and Aaron.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

A scary experience for you. I bet you were glad you were already in the hotel and not still in the village.

So sorry to read that Edith was unwell all trip. You’ll simply have to book another so she can get the full experience!

Thank you for sharing.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
A scary experience for you. I bet you were glad you were already in the hotel and not still in the village.

So sorry to read that Edith was unwell all trip. You’ll simply have to book another so she can get the full experience!

Thank you for sharing.
Gosh absolutely, I would have really panicked if we were still there with Edith.

We are for to Florida in 2 weeks so fingers crossed she can get through that one without any illness.