Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Sep 19, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Surely a sale is selling off stock that nobody wanted... popular sizes will be out of stock - so being unable to find stuff you want is not unusual... especially if you shop there normally - you would have seen the stuff when initially stocked and bought it if you wanted it.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Surely a sale is selling off stock that nobody wanted... popular sizes will be out of stock - so being unable to find stuff you want is not unusual... especially if you shop there normally - you would have seen the stuff when initially stocked and bought it if you wanted it.
Not me!

I refuse to pay full price for anything apart from food and diesel. If we want stuff from M & S I bookmark it on the PC and wait for the offers to come in. 20% off suits me but hopefully it will be more.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Angelina
Apprentice Imagineer

The only sizes that were left, was the bigger sizes like 20 and 22

That was almost on everything, including the men’s
Angelina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Angelina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Not me!

I refuse to pay full price for anything apart from food and diesel. If we want stuff from M & S I bookmark it on the PC and wait for the offers to come in. 20% off suits me but hopefully it will be more.
I do the same, wait for the 20% discount, it usually rolls round if you wait.

Did not pay full price for the jacket I saw in the sale
Angelina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I think the Sparks food offers are rubbish, however, the £5 off food spends over £35 is a good offer and always available at the moment. I would hate to see M&S disappear I think for food especially they get it so right, they cater to so many people and dietary requirements- single people, (meals for one) elderly people (tiny meals), gluten free, veggie, couples wanting a meal deal rather than going out, etc etc. I love it.

The most annoying feature of the sparks is having to log on, and select your offers, why they dont just give them all to you automatically is beyond me.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Not really, I did comment that I didn't bother looking at the main ladies range as there was nothing there before the sale for me so something is not suddenly going to materialise.

I was looking for underwear for DH and some bras for me, the fit and the style is important but the style isn't as no-one else sees it. So yes I expect to see last season's styles and can usually get one or two things.

The point is that with being a Sparks customer you get priority access to the sale and if they are showing items in the sale but when you click through an hour after receiving the email and they are all gone, not on one item but all the boxer shorts they had in the sale and this is on all sizes it doesn't really encourage loyalty. I would like to think that maybe M&S have got it right with their stock levels so don't have much to offer and that they are no longer going to have to close stores and staff lose jobs, I hope so.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List