Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile Link to repatriation flight info

thomascook.caa/custome...a/orlando-mco/

Just thought I’d put this link somewhere obvious. Repatriation flights are being arranged from MCO. Check the above link for details of the new flight.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

This doesn’t affect me but having been on the butt end of TCD going bust I have some well placed empathy.

We however ‘lost’ our holiday two weeks before so were to rebook and go as intended.

I have a question re’ the flights though, do people have to come home today/tomorrow or are they able to see their holiday out? I assume they can re-book and pay onto any flight they want but if they want to be repatriated with the scheme then it’s when the flights fly and not when they want to.
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
They have said they will fly people back on the original schedule over the next two weeks. So you should still get to enjoy your holiday assuming you can trust the process and put the worry out of your mind.

If it’s a longer holiday I’m not sure what will happen but I expect information will appear on the above website.

Edited at 07:42 AM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
This doesn’t affect me but having been on the butt end of TCD going bust I have some well placed empathy.

We however ‘lost’ our holiday two weeks before so were to rebook and go as intended.

I have a question re’ the flights though, do people have to come home today/tomorrow or are they able to see their holiday out? I assume they can re-book and pay onto any flight they want but if they want to be repatriated with the scheme then it’s when the flights fly and not when they want to.
They can get a flight close to when they where due to come home if not same day if you open the link the person who started the thread posted it's all in there.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Interestingly the BBC are doing an interview with a government official (didn't catch his name) and he was saying that they arranged for the repatriation aircraft A WEEK AGO!

Good luck to everyone affected hope you get home safe or sorted as soon as possible. So sorry for the staff too who have become unemployed overnight in the worst possible circumstances.

Edited at 08:16 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It seems that if your flight home is after October 6th then it's down to you to pay and arrange new flights home,and claim later.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are due to fly back in the 29th. Does anyone know if the airline that will bring you back honour your luggage allowance? I know this could be seen as insensitive considering people have lost their jobs and their holidays! But my wife was just wondering!
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just watching Victoria Derbyshire and the chair of CAA is speaking and she says the first repatriation flight is already on its way back from NY and kept reiterating to visit the website Bevs posted above and your new flight details will be on there 72 hours before you were due to travel home.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

The CAA seems to be doing an amazing job here and clearly had a comprehensive plan ready - I did hear on the radio that they had chartered 50 aircraft last week in preparation. The largest peacetime repatriation. Credit where it’s due.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We are here and are flight only,have rebooked flights with Norweigan as I didn't want to wait around to see when of if CAA would fly us home,we are covered by both credit card or end supplier insurance so will be fine,it's devastating news and I really feel for all the staff who were fantastic on our flight out!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List