Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 22 Dec 18, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
I got home about an hour ago from my 12-9 shift in a supermarket and it's been absolute chaos, we've got virtually no staff due to cutbacks on top of 3 people off sick.
There's so much stock in the back and nobody to put it out we're just fighting a losing battle.
I'm just looking forward to finishing tomorrow as I'm off until Thursday
Really feel for you, as so many customers will not understand the whole story and often take it out on staff - when it is not their fault.

Enjoy your time off, enjoy your Christmas and be relieved you are out of that line of fire for a few days

Our local store have been rammed throughout the daylight times , with many posts on social media of horror stories of an hour wait to get out of the car park in Sainbury's which now also has an Argos attached.
Schools finished this afternoon, which might account for the big queues earlier in the day. So, by the time I turned up at 6, it was actually quieter than a Saturday shop

Have a very short list of things to pick up over the weekend and totally thankful that " Blackeye Friday" meant there were more people in the pub than the Supermarket at the time visited

I wish everyone the very best of luck for tomorrow morning and afternoon.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

Well I haven't been myself in the last few days but my dad tried to go to asda earlier today and couldn't even get in the car park, he gave up and ended up getting a take away instead and my brother went over last night but was unable to get anything he'd gone for and said there were several couples/families with 3 full trolleys of food between them I have to admit that I do not miss working in retail at this time of year one bit!
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

I braved asda and Aldi at 10.30 this morning it was insane! I then nipped back to asda at 6pm to go to the cafe to collect a pizza and it was quiet!
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Really feel for you, as so many customers will not understand the whole story and often take it out on staff - when it is not their fault.

Enjoy your time off, enjoy your Christmas and be relieved you are out of that line of fire for a few days

Our local store have been rammed throughout the daylight times , with many posts on social media of horror stories of an hour wait to get out of the car park in Sainbury's which now also has an Argos attached.
Schools finished this afternoon, which might account for the big queues earlier in the day. So, by the time I turned up at 6, it was actually quieter than a Saturday shop

Have a very short list of things to pick up over the weekend and totally thankful that " Blackeye Friday" meant there were more people in the pub than the Supermarket at the time visited

Thank you
I'm just fuelling up with coffee at the moment in preparation for the day ahead.
You are so right about people not knowing how things really are, one of our managers was called an absolutely disgusting name yesterday which I can't put on here or I'll be banned, it's just uncalled for and if they can't cope with shopping when it's busy they should stay away.

I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas and I'm looking forward to reading more of your trip report in the new year.
Old 22 Dec 18, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I do sympathise, as I said I worked many years on the Tesco checkout and it is hard at Christmas. It’s surprising how many staff become sick at Xmas too. Enjoy your time off Taffy1959 😀
I've just realized its 4 not 3 off sick but 2 of them are definately off with good reason but the other 2 are just lazy
Old 22 Dec 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post

Good point about people being in the pub last night making the shops quieter. Wish I could have gone then. I don’t drive so need DH with the car and he was working last night (his last night shift before Xmas 😀 ) Whilst I say I quite enjoy the rushing around and Christmas chaos, he certainly doesn’t find the shopping as enjoyable as I do 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Thank you
I'm just fuelling up with coffee at the moment in preparation for the day ahead.
You are so right about people not knowing how things really are, one of our managers was called an absolutely disgusting name yesterday which I can't put on here or I'll be banned, it's just uncalled for and if they can't cope with shopping when it's busy they should stay away.

I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas and I'm looking forward to reading more of your trip report in the new year.
Hope your shift goes well. I agree the amount of abuse store staff have thrown at them is shocking. I found most people are friendly and polite, but some customers were so rude. Honestly, if shopping is that stressful , how do they cope with other major stresses in life? Hope you only get nice customers today Taffy 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Been in Aldi this morning all done and dusted as DS who's a manager with Aldi brought in wine etc last night
I'm. Working later for a florist friend it will be bedlam no doubt now till we shut Christmas eve
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I went to Lidl and then Carrefour at 10am and both were quiet!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I went to Lidl and then Carrefour at 10am and both were quiet!
I quite fancy a trip to France to avoid the Christmas crowds here. I wonder if I could persuade DH that it’s a good idea? 😂