Old 24 Dec 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Blimey all this hassle over a turkey ! It’s enough to turn me vegan. 😱
Your nut cutlet is ready for the big day! Enjoy!
Old 24 Dec 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Your nut cutlet is ready for the big day! Enjoy!
I hope you’ve put the Brussels on to boil by now, you know I don’t like them “al dente” !

See you Boxing Day. 🎁🎁🤶🏻🤶🏻🤶🏻
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I hope you’ve put the Brussels on to boil by now, you know I don’t like them “al dente” !

See you Boxing Day. 🎁🎁🤶🏻🤶🏻🤶🏻
Been bubbling away since November, so should be perfect by then!
Old 24 Dec 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I would complain too, I online shop at Asda anything I'm not happy with I always request a refund whether that be damaged, poor substitution or too much fat on my bacon... If I shopped instore I wouldn't pick a pack like that so why should I accept it sent to me lol. For me Christmas is the one meal I make an extra effort with plus we have company this year for lunch so what I order is what I want, my turkey I dreaded similar happening so I bought mine a few weeks ago and it's in freezer... Must remember to take it out.
I know they gave you substitutes and for free but if its seriously inconvenienced you then let them know about it
I hope you took it out in time - I have a 5kg one that takes 52 hours to defrost!
Old 24 Dec 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we have used M&S for the last few years,but it was getting to expensive,so tried Morrisons this year,got it all picked up today everything looks good, we get our turkey from the butchers.
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
What part of it was supposedly your fault? That’s when I’d be fuming - when there is no apology and some how you,the customer, are to blame for their failures!

After reading all of these stories I don’t feel so bad about my online deliveries from Tesco and Iceland - this year and last, I’ve received phone calls an hour before delivery saying my Tesco credit card has been declined and could I pay with another card. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the card - In fact I shop at Tesco online all of the time with no problem except at Christmas , and indeed my bank say their records don’t even show that an attempt has even been made to collect funds, let alone declining the transactions, but still I’ve had to pay with a debit card, thankfully I always have the funds in their ready to clear my credit card anyway, but I imagine others wouldn’t - and at least all of my orders have arrived as requested with no bizarre substitutions!

As for my Iceland order yesterday - that arrived with one bag missing, but one call to their customer service department and they sent another driver out within the hour with the missing items. Great customer service from them I thought!
I had the same problem with Tesco, the woman implied that I had over spent on my credit card, which I hadn't, DH contacted card company, who said there had been no attempt to process a payment from Tesco. Was not impressed.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Nicksgirl-I had the same. Ordered 2 turkey crowns to collect on Saturday. First they tried to give me just one. Then all they could let me have was 2 small crowns which were 5lb in total smaller than ordered. I too was fuming. I’d ordered in plenty of time just so I could get exactly what I wanted. I complained by email and they gave me a £5 gift voucher and referred me to the wording on the order which is to the effect that ‘goods supplied might not be exactly as ordered’ or words to that effect!
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
I hope you took it out in time - I have a 5kg one that takes 52 hours to defrost!
Lol I did thanks, it was really nice too
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

My boss came in on Christmas Eve morning very peed off - the turkey crown she ordered from M&S wasn't available, so they tried to palm her off with an enormous turkey breast, and the mulled wine ham she ordered wasn't available so they gave her a piece of pork. She was super annoyed, can't see M&S getting her custom again.
Old 27 Dec 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Mistakes happen. They tried to sort it - for free. TBH., I think they seemed to do a reasonable job.
Life doesn't always go as planned.

Sorry this is a contrary view but we all make mistakes.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List