Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 Jun 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile SoCal July 2019, hopefully live

Well, as I lie in bed at the premier Inn Heathrow terminal 4 unable to go back to sleep I figure I might as well start on my trippie!

We are me, OH and 2 boys (10 & 13). Heading off to California at 15:25 today for 2 weeks. Started in NI yesterday, flew from Dublin to Heathrow. Staying in Premier Inn, ate in the restaurant last night and the food was quite nice and priced as you'd expect 😂 was about £90 including tip for 4 meals, 4 alcoholic drinks, a soft drink and 2 desserts. As we're having breakfast today it would have been better value to book the meal deal, but I wasn't sure before we got here if we'd eat here or go back into the airport. However once we dragged our bags down the seemingly endless tunnel between terminal 4 and the hotel (which was rather like a sauna thanks to the heatwave and no air conditioning) we opted to stay in the hotel 😁 No food pics but here's my aperol spritz

Not really much to report from a travel day that consists of going from Dublin to Heathrow...

We would have liked to have flown direct from Dublin to LA but we saved around £1000 doing it this way.

Thoughts for the day: the Premier Inn is a pretty nice hotel and thankfully the rooms are air conditioned (we paid about £40 for the room). Food was fairly decent ( they even cook the chips in the oven for gluten Free diners to avoid cross contamination). The long term blue car park at Dublin Airport is gravel not pavement which is really tricky with cases!

Room with a view
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

How exciting, hope you have a great trip

We have been west coast twice and are hoping to go again next year, by far the best holidays we have ever had

I look forward to your report
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Safe travels! Looking forward to reading along

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Have an amazing holiday! Looking forward to hearing more 😊
KayLouise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a great holiday.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Currently enjoying the no. 1 lounge in terminal 3. We've never booked into an airport lounge before so this is a bit of a treat for us. It's a much nicer experience relaxing in here than in the main part of the airport.

The details for anyone who is interested : it cost £93 for 4 of us (3 adults and 1 child) which was discounted as we are flying virgin. You can get one meal each (these were small but nice and Inc dairy free, gluten Free, veggie and vegan options). And then are snacks to help yourself to. These are pretty limited (soup, salad, nuts/pretzels and a few buns/tray bakes). All drinks except champagne are included.

Toilet facilities are woefully inadequate.

Flight in a couple of hours!

Edited at 01:44 PM.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Great start and wishing you a wonderful holiday
Old 30 Jun 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

A great start and looking forward to the updates. I much prefer the whole trippie on the one thread. Have a brilliant vacation... and plenty of updates, please!

Glad there are no food pics.. and guessed that it was Aperol before even reading the text.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:13 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So the flight for those that are interested: food options were a chicken in mushroom sauce (gluten Free), chilli or pesto pasta. My pre ordered gf meal was chicken in rhyme and pepper sauce. This was OK but I only ate a tiny bit as it had yeast extract in which I'm also intolerant to. Kids meal was pasta in tomato sauce. We were brought ice lollies at some point, cheese and tomato or steak pasty (I got an overly sweet and dry fruitcake instead) and then a sandwich and scone. My gluten Free one was OK and the first substantial food I had 😂 on the return I will be bringing more snacks and also drinks as I was thirsty for most of the flight!

We all coped with the 11 hour flight which is more like 12 hours on the actual plane but I won't say it was fun! My butt was killing me at the end!

Myself and the boys slept til 6:30am which I thought was pretty good but OH is unwell and has hardly slept 😕

Our plan today was to pick up the car at 8am and head to santa monica and Venice beach before checking in to our next hotel in glendale. However, I'm not sure what shape OH is in so we will see.

The crowne plaza seems perfectly nice, we've only see check in and the room though! Getting here on the shuttle bus was an experience, don't know how we're going to fare with the driving...

Hopefully my next update will be a bit more interesting!
Old 1 Jul 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to your next update and hoping you get through the tiredness.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List