Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 4 Jul 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sam_Smith
slightly serious Dibber

06.06.2019 - North Lake Tahoe

Travelling this time was DH (54) - driver/eater/moaner/petrol head/biker

Me (51) - navigator/planner/booker/spreadsheet creator/feeder

We did quite well this morning after a relatively late night last night. I think we might be finally getting used to the time difference.

Breakfast was back in Nicely's and was a much smaller affair than yesterday.

We both had eggs and hash browns with coffee. Meat free today!

Once we had packed the car up said goodbye to Ozzie we set the GPS for our next location. North Lake Tahoe

The drive was about 130 miles and we decided to stop off at South Lake Tahoe first. More wonderful scenery and open road on the way

which slowly climbed as we got closer

We arrived at South Lake Tahoe around lunchtime so we parked up and sat on the edge of the lake with a muffin and a coffee each near a manmade beach, which was being fully utilised.

It was a lovely spot and we enjoyed the vibe.

The second part of the drive was up the east side of Lake Tahoe to our motel near Kings Beach. The Firelite Lodge - £235 for 2 nights

The motel was lovely. Smelt new and was very comfortable and roomy. The room even had a fireplace! Won't be needing that (or so we thought! )

and this was the view from our small balcony to the small beach right opposite

Most importantly there were laundry facilities too which I made full use of immediately. It only took around an hour and whilst I was waiting for it I took a short walk to the steakhouse next door to see whether we fancied a visit there for dinner. It was quite a high end establishment with a pretty expensive menu, and we couldn't really be bothered to dress up tonight, so once the washing was folded and put away we took a short drive to the local supermarket which was 5 minutes up the road.

It was 6pm by now and we made some suitable purchases for dinner

We then decided to stretch our legs and walk over to the beach to have a look. The road outside was pretty busy so we always used the crossing a short walk up to the junction, but it was no issue.

It was such a beautiful place. There was a jetty and a beach, and it was mostly deserted as the more popular Kings Beach a short drive up the main road was where most people were.

We got chatting to the only other people around who were from Hampshire! A lovely couple who were travelling with friends from Oz. They took a photo of us

and I think you can see just how windy it was!

In fact is was positively brass monkeys! That photo was taken between tidal waves which were crashing over the barrier behind us and almost getting us wet!

We stayed for ages chatting and only made our way back to our room when the sun had gone down, by which time I was absolutely frozen!

Now how do you light that fire in the room?!

Edited at 03:55 PM.
Sam_Smith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Beautiful scenery! The motel looks great 😊
KayLouise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
More lovely scenery. Looks like a lovely place.
So satisfying to get your washing done too! Must have been difficult to know what to pack with the weather being hot and cold so far.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List