Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Aug 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by excitedbunny79 View Post
It took about 50 minutes from the Egg Room today, but the line keeps moving so it feels like it goes quicker.
Thanks, So when I went yesterday at 3pm I ended up at the egg room after a short wait to watch the preshow.

The queue time showed as120 mins, but if it hadn't gone down then the wait would have been under half that.
robot1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by robot1000 View Post
Thanks, So when I went yesterday at 3pm I ended up at the egg room after a short wait to watch the preshow.

The queue time showed as120 mins, but if it hadn't gone down then the wait would have been under half that.
Yup yesterday it would’ve been. We went about half way down the first line from the pre-show and it was about 40mins from there. It was however slower the first day we rode it. I think it’s dependent on one of two things, the first is how many cars are on there were definitely more on Sunday the second is how many people are using disability returns and ruby fast passes as they will hold up the queue as they join at the workshop.

As others have said the line does move well so it does help with passing the time. As for single rider, if you want to do it, it splits at the water sales part outside and we were talking with someone that did single rider and they say it took 20mins compared to our 45mins, so could be worth a go if you don’t mind a sidecar as it’s unlikely you would get the bike.
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
Yup yesterday it would’ve been. We went about half way down the first line from the pre-show and it was about 40mins from there. It was however slower the first day we rode it. I think it’s dependent on one of two things, the first is how many cars are on there were definitely more on Sunday the second is how many people are using disability returns and ruby fast passes as they will hold up the queue as they join at the workshop.

As others have said the line does move well so it does help with passing the time. As for single rider, if you want to do it, it splits at the water sales part outside and we were talking with someone that did single rider and they say it took 20mins compared to our 45mins, so could be worth a go if you don’t mind a sidecar as it’s unlikely you would get the bike.
It was closed yesterday when I went in, but if it would have been opened I would have definitely joined it
robot1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We went on it today. Absolutely brilliant. My wife and son got front row and I was second row on the bike. The posted wait time was 3 hours, but having started to queue at 1000 we were on and off by 1140. Hands down the best ride/rollercoaster we have been on. As with the other posts the line moves fairly quickly and once you are in the first show room it is about 45 to 55 mins from there.
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ride wait time went down to two hours. So on our last day we decided to ride it one last time and hour or so later off the ride we were.
The ride has given us so many great memories and it is just fantastic. Universal
Have really hit the nail on the head with this ride and it’s going to take a lot to beat it
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We joined the queue just before 5pm yesterday, was lovely outside. Queue moved FAST! Theres no way this could be 2 hours... well, a storm hit. We got to the room before boarding and it was a battle of wills. We knew we couldn't ride as post lightening storm checks take 45 mins and it was approaching 8pm, just before 9 they gave us hardcore hopers a ruby ticket each. So at least we stayed dry, everything else was shut anyway.

Wonder how far down the queue the pass will get us. I'll update later!
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
windsorwives
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by windsorwives View Post
We made it this morning. We got first boat from Portofino at 7am - we were third group to arrives IoA turnstiles. Tbh we probably didn’t need to get there until 7.45 - there weren’t many other people there before 8.00. We were let through turmstiles at 8.45 them speed walked up straight to the ride. Didn’t take bags with us so no need for lockers. We were on first carriage and out of ride by 9.10. We obviously still queued but at least could sit down at turmstiles. and read etc. When we got off queue time said 180 mins. As everyone reports the ride is amazing and we will probably try our strategy again before we leave.
We used this strategy again this morning and again were successful. I was worried that after the massive storm last night there might be some hold up with Hagrid but again we were let into the park at 8.45, speed walked to the ride and were finished by 9.10. Very happy we were able to ride twice :-)
windsorwives is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by windsorwives View Post
We used this strategy again this morning and again were successful. I was worried that after the massive storm last night there might be some hold up with Hagrid but again we were let into the park at 8.45, speed walked to the ride and were finished by 9.10. Very happy we were able to ride twice :-)
Well done again hopefully it will work for us too in September
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Mobile

Rode it twice yesterday afternoon. Got in the queue at 2pm and the wait was 45 mins. Rode it again straight after and waited 40 mins.

Displayed queue time was 120 mins all afternoon
Old 27 Aug 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by limmy View Post
We joined the queue just before 5pm yesterday, was lovely outside. Queue moved FAST! Theres no way this could be 2 hours... well, a storm hit. We got to the room before boarding and it was a battle of wills. We knew we couldn't ride as post lightening storm checks take 45 mins and it was approaching 8pm, just before 9 they gave us hardcore hopers a ruby ticket each. So at least we stayed dry, everything else was shut anyway.

Wonder how far down the queue the pass will get us. I'll update later!
That was some storm last night. We were staying at RPR and we didn't dare venture out after 7pm!
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List