Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 24 Aug 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Mobile 14 days Disney only - half day everyday?

It’ll be my boys first time in May, they will be 8 and 5.

We are only planning to do Disney and save Universal for next time.
Do you think we can manage without a major rest day if we only do half days in parks.

Thinking RD till 2pm or 2pm till late?

I know it’s early but I’m excited and meals will need to be booked in November whoop!
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Following for advice.

We’re first timers too and planning to save universal until next time also. Ours are 7 & 4 and we will only have 10 days. As we go in Feb I have already made plans and adrs, but I keep tweaking these based on what I’m reading on here.
We have planned half days apart from magic kingdom, but have consequently put a rest day in after one and fly home after the other, but we have got less time than you to play with. I think mine would be a bit ‘parked out’ after 14 days of just Disney though- are you including water parks?
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
emilysharratt
a Friend of the DIBB

We are doing Disney only also in febuary. Ours will be 6 and 4 and hoping to do a few split days where we will go to a park in the morning head back late afternoon to pool and fingers crossed get the kids down for a little nap and head out for the fireworks. We won’t do this every day and mainly do half days but thinking this may help them adjust to the time difference also in the first few days x
emilysharratt is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’d mix in some lie in / pool mornings and go out to the park about 2 ish and stay late. The parks are lovely at night. The heat isn’t so intense and they are so pretty with the lights.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

I’d also suggest doing a mix of early mornings and late afternoons/evenings so you can include the evening shows and fireworks.
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilly3580
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Our children were 5 and 9 on our first visit, we were all up early the 1st week and stayed in the parks until everyone was ready to go back, this was around 2 or 3pm. We stayed at saratoga springs and chilled round the pool before showering for our evening meal at Saratoga Springs. As we headed into our second week we chilled until around 11am/12 round the pool and then went to the parks and stayed for the fireworks. It worked really well and we got to see every show and go on every ride at least once without feeling rushed and exhausted. We'll do a similar thing this time even though the children are all 3 years older.
Lilly3580 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We’re here now on last days and we’ve done 14 day tickets using half day strategy. We’ve been every morning and then left when we’ve had enough. My children are 12, 10 and 23 months. I’ve done the same with them every year.
I was worried I’d not planned enough rest days but it’s been perfect. We’re on the dining plan and for the first time have gone straight from park to lunch (sometimes at 3pm) or had lunch in park. This has freed up the evenings for night in the pool and they’ve loved it. No need for sun cream in the evenings - bonus!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone. I feel much happier knowing not to worry about rest days too much.
The hotel pool will be a huge draw for my boys, they love swimming.

We’ll do early mornings the first week and then hopefully they will lie in a bit the second week. Don’t fancy my chances though, they are up everyday at 7am no fail!
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a look for some of Wizzo's earlier trip reports as their family mantra is something about only doing half days. We followed this advice when we have been previously and it has worked for us. In week one we do early mornings and then flip it gradually to do evenings the following week to see the shows.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Great I’ll have a hunt for their trippy.