Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Aug 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by show_the_magic View Post
Also - would you go for the very back or the first row of 2s?
We prefer the very back ones,that way I can stand at the back and lean on my own seat and not be in anyone's way.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve been in the back rows of 2 seats in a BA plane twice. I would definitely do it again. Lovely being in a row just me and DH, the food was served from front to back but both options were still available to us, and no one hovered around our seat (although in the BA plane there was a little walkway by the toilets so if someone was waiting then they just stood in that area). I’ve read people say in the past that they don’t like being near the toilets with the constant flushing and people, but it wasn’t annoying at all. I was really worried about being the last off the plane and therefore waiting much longer in immigration, but it’s not that bad as most people are in groups anyway so go up to the immigration desks together and there are always several desks open x
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Horses for courses a tad more room , last of plane on average 30 mins after best econ seats.
No right or wrong place to sit on plane in econ really depends on how quick you want off it.
Enjoy your choice.
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by show_the_magic View Post
Also - would you go for the very back or the first row of 2s?
Very back so you can decline without irritating anyone. I will only recline if no one is sitting behind me.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
We have done the very back two, and the two in front. Both were fine.
We weren’t bothered by people standing behind us to be honest. We hardly noticed. !
I didn’t mind the standing behind us at all. Leaning heavily on my seat I did mind!

OP I don’t eat the food so can’t recall the serving order sorry.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I didn’t mind the standing behind us at all. Leaning heavily on my seat I did mind!

OP I don’t eat the food so can’t recall the serving order sorry.
No I get that . But I was just saying we didn’t have an issue with anyone touching our seats so it doesn’t happen every time.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter and I have sat in the last row of two several times. Lots of room and you can recline at will. They are not too close to the toilets. We have always been last to be served and on one occasion all that was left was the chili which we both hate. The crew brought us some extra nibbles. We weren't too bothered as we take our own food.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Pros - lots of space and not having to ask someone to move when you need the loo! Even in the window seat you can get out around the seat and avoid disturbing you flying partner.

Cons - back of the queue for immigration and if I sleep on a plane it is generally with my head against the window. The window seat of this 2, is too far away from the outer part of the plane to do this.

Also depends on the plane you are on, I flew with Virgin on an A330

Might be worth having a look on seatguru.com - you can check out a variety of planes and different seat configurations based on route too.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We sat in these 2s in May. A huge pro is obviously not having to sit next to a stranger and there's no dreaded middle seat. The 2s furthest forward have extra space to the side of them where the plane tapers. We weren't served last with food and drinks as they served from both the front and back, got our first choices for food both times.

However immigration took a loooong time especially compared to last time when we were in PE. I know I know you can't compare- but in PE we breezed through in 5 minutes, this time it took us an hour and a half. Same Virgin flight at the same time. The bags were ready and waiting a long time before we got through, we could see luggage belt. Both times our flight was the only one in the hall. And we even fast walked past some people so we didn't end up being dead last in the queue.

So although I love sitting in a 2 I think next time we'd book half of a middle 4 as that immigration wait was painful. If there had been other flights in the hall before us it could have taken hours!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I read somewhere that one of the pais didn't have a window - can any one confirm?