Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Aug 19, 04:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Virtual queue is happening in Galaxy's edge Orlando

I thought this would happen

wdwnt/2019/08/virtual-qu...ywood-studios/

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:05 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Good they are doing this, but I think it may not be as busy as they think. When it does get very busy when Rise of the Resistance opens at Xmas and its getting rave reviews, I hope they'll do it still.
Old 27 Aug 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Interesting. I wonder how it will work with people already having booked FP+ and ADRs + experiences such as Build a droid/lightsabre - presumably those will be on MDE so you will get offered a time that suits them?
Seems sensible though.
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Right well it says it 'may' implement this system so we are not really that much wiser are we! I read it 3 times and am still not sure what they are actually talking about, so hopefully those going b4 we get there might be able to explain it in childlike description to me please. At least those of us with bookings for Oga's etc might be safe for our reservations then?
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Right well it says it 'may' implement this system so we are not really that much wiser are we! I read it 3 times and am still not sure what they are actually talking about, so hopefully those going b4 we get there might be able to explain it in childlike description to me please. At least those of us with bookings for Oga's etc might be safe for our reservations then?
I'll need it written down with pictures at my age!
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

My understanding was that people with reservations for Oga's etc would be allowed in GE up to 1 hour before their reservation begins. I've seen/read so much D23 stuff over the last few days, so much to take in
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
My understanding was that people with reservations for Oga's etc would be allowed in GE up to 1 hour before their reservation begins. I've seen/read so much D23 stuff over the last few days, so much to take in
That's my understanding too.
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It says that they *may* implement it, not that they will implement it.

So it depends on how crowded it gets and whether they need to do this. I wouldn't be surprised if they did implement it but they are not saying there are definitely going to implement it.

Ok, here goes.

If crowds become too much then WDW may implement a "on-the-day" booking system to enter Galaxy's Edge. For those who don't already have a reservation inside GE (eg. for Oga's Cantina, Savi’s Workshop, or the Droid Depot) they can book a timeslot to enter GE on the day using the MyDisneyExperience app or from a CM at various locations. They can then visit the rest of Hollywood Studios whilst waiting for their timeslot to open.

There will be signage in the park or on the app to say whether they need to book a timeslot on that day.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by rachey_101 View Post
What about rope droppers at 6am? Are we not allowed to head into the land straight away?
It depends on whether Disney implement the virtual queue system for that day or not.

Even if they do implement it, if you're there at 6am then you will be near the front of the virtual queue - which pretty much means you'll get into Galaxy's Edge almost straight away.

I suspect what will happen is that they'll let people into GE as normal until it gets three-quarters full (or whatever) then implement a booking system. Universal did the same sort of thing when they opened the Harry Potter areas (I can't remember if Disney did it when they opened Pandora).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Apparently all the hotel guests found leaflets explaining how it works in their rooms!
It will be implemented from day one, but only actioned if galaxies edge reaches capacity then the groups will happen and you get a place in a boarding group whenyour in the park!
I doubt it will be action in extra extra magic hours, just at peak times,Apparently its only been actioned a couple of times in Disneyland!
If you have a reservation they scan your magic band and let you in without having to have a boarding group an hour before!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List