Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 19 Sep 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Mobile Center Parcs

I'm thinking about booking a weekend at the winter wonderland. We have been in between Xmas and new year before and that was lovely with the lights and we actually had real snowfall.

Wondering if it's worth the cost (£800 for a weekend) my DD would love to go to lapland but it's not possible this year for health reasons. Is this a good alternative (if that's possible lol!)
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you looked at Lapland UK and a hotel that way.
I've not been but been looking at reviews and all sound very good.

Someone else on here mentioned legoland. Been looking at reviews on that too and it does sound very good.
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Have you looked at Lapland UK and a hotel that way.
I've not been but been looking at reviews and all sound very good.

Someone else on here mentioned legoland. Been looking at reviews on that too and it does sound very good.
Yes I've looked at Lapland uk, can't quite bring myself to book it though. DD is autistic and can struggle on those sorts of days out. I've ummed and arred about it for the past 3 years!

We're Merlin pass holders so probably wouldn't do legoland, would prefer something a bit different.
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I know it is a lot of money and you have to pay for the extra's like seeing Santa etc but for me it is totally worth it. It is just so magical there at Christmas. We have been going for years for the Winter Wonderland and its still as good as ever. My children now range between 14-4 and it is still all of their favourite place to go.
Old 20 Sep 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We go every year to winter wonderland. Yes it’s expensive but we all have such a good time. I love all the lights and the Santa workshop. Just marks the start of Christmas for us.
We go at the cheapest weekend at the beginning of November.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Center Parcs at Christmas is just magical. Worth every penny in my opinion
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

We will be going early November. Its our 3rd time with our kids and grandkids. Its lovely. starts the season so nicely.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

We have done Lapland uk for the last 2 years and trying winter wonderland at CP longleat the weekend before Christmas this year. Really hoping that Santa’s realistic enough though as DS is 8 and although still believes i think will start to question it more!
Anyone know if there’s anyway I can get his Christmas list to Santa before he sees him to make it more magical?

Edited at 08:55 PM.
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tesh11 View Post
We have done Lapland uk for the last 2 years and trying winter wonderland at CP longleat the weekend before Christmas this year. Really hoping that Santa’s realistic enough though as DS is 8 and although still believes i think will start to question it more!
Anyone know if there’s anyway I can get his Christmas list to Santa before he sees him to make it more magical?
When we went to see santa at CP the elves were really good and came along the line casually speaking to the kids to find out a bit about them. When they went to see if Santa was ready they obviously gave him some of this information as he then dropped it in to conversation with them. It was very clever and the kids loved it.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Did you book Mickeysgirl?