Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Some good information on the link below

independent/travel...-a9112876.html
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I’ve just been looking on virgin and the only flights I can see on the same date we fly are for £1900! I thought over £800 was bad!
I hope it all gets sorted! When are we likely to know?
Is that next August? Shocking Was that VH or VS because the return flights may not be released yet?

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC

Edited at 02:29 PM.
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I’m glad there is a new thread. We are booked flight only leaving 2/10. The thread had some very useful info on it. I can’t say I’m not worried about what will happen. There are 8 of us flight only including 4 kids on their first trip to Orlando. Villa, tickets, car parking, basketball , shows all paid for in advance. Just need to find out what’s happening with our flights. I’m sure we will be able to get others , we are determined to. We are fortunate ( I think) that we fly mid week and not school hols.
Would be good if this thread was able to keep going without the descent into nonsense.
Post and play nice please as some of us do have an invested interest.
I spoke to Thomas cook airlines yesterday and was told my flight for next September was safe but they are going to say that to save money but I am just sitting tight until I hear otherwise
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
florida gaz
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
If Thomas Cook do fold, which sadly seems likely at the moment, then other airlines cannot magic up extra flights - certainly not using their own fleet of aircraft which will already be highly utilised (a plane makes no money when on the ground).

Yes, airlines can "wet-lease" in aircraft, but they need the slots to operate them. Looking at direct flights to Orlando, Gatwick in particular is pretty full so slots there are hard to come by. If TC does fold, then capacity becomes available, but do remember slots are time & aircraft restricted (i.e. a short-haul Mediterranean destination slot pair is not suitable for a long-haul destination turnaround).

I do hope Thomas Cook don't fold - not least because of the number of people whose jobs will be affected. Holidaymakers should be safe money wise as long as they booked a package holiday / paid with a credit card / have holiday insurance with end supplier failure cover. If you're away on a package holiday, the CAA / ATOL scheme will get you home.

And for the record, I have used Thomas Cook in the past for accommodation only bookings as they were the cheapest for our resort of choice. Our November accommodation was booked via eBookers as they were cheapest this time round.
Your right, but what about charters into Sanford?
I remember some extra charters put on when the air space reopened after 9/11, ofcourse that was different but it still could be possible if demand is there for it.
1999 MIC Lakefront (Ramada), 2000 Quality Inn Intl (Rosen Inn), 2001 Quality Inn Plza (Rosen Pnt), 2002 Wyndham & Tradewinds Sandpiper St. Petes, 2003 Quality Inn Plza (Rosen Pnt) & Tradewinds Sandpiper St. Petes, 2004 Best Western (Avanti), 2004 Wyndham & Hilton Clearwater, 2005 Homewood Suites & Tradewinds Sirata St. Petes, 2006 Eagle Point Villa Kissimmee, 2008 The Luxor Las Vegas, 2010,2011,2012..and 2020! Enclave Suites.

Edited at 02:32 PM.
florida gaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I’ve just been looking on virgin and the only flights I can see on the same date we fly are for £1900! I thought over £800 was bad!
I hope it all gets sorted! When are we likely to know?
i think they said on news the people who are involved are meeting friday morning thats all i know they said it would be crunch meeting but at the moment who actually knows because i bet meetings are going on right now
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by animal 1970 View Post
I spoke to Thomas cook airlines yesterday and was told my flight for next September was safe but they are going to say that to save money but I am just sitting tight until I hear otherwise
Same here. There is nothing we can do till we find out what’s happening. It’s just so close to the wire.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

I hope some news comes out soon , I would hate to be anyone caught up in all this . Employees, families that have worked hard to book their once in a life time trip . Feel so sorry for them
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are currently on route to Manchester for our flight Tomorrow... Hopefully we can at least get out there! Flights now Showing at around 4k 😔
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
grommitt
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
It isn't as simple as just putting on extra flights - points to consider are slots at airports, spare aircraft, crew rosters and much more besides.

Lets hope this awful situation is settled as soon as possible for all concerned.
The other fact to consider is the 737 problem is still going on and there is a shortage of aircraft as we stand.
grommitt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
We are currently on route to Manchester for our flight Tomorrow... Hopefully we can at least get out there! Flights now Showing at around 4k 😔
Fingers crossed all goes well
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List