Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Regardless of the time you go bed you are probably going to be up at 4am lol chose the park that has early park entry that morning and your good to go
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Def a park day on Sunday 😊 you are awake so early and full of energy. We used to be awake and ready to go at 5am. We would go out to breakfast on the way to the parks. Then get food on your way home on Sunday.
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

The only thing I would add is go to Villa first, unload the luggage, then head to Walmart/Publix.

Nearly all hire cars don’t have the luggage cover, and dodgy types have been known to hang around the supermarket car parks waiting for people to park up and leave all their stuff in the car.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Seve7n
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kasalic View Post
The only thing I would add is go to Villa first, unload the luggage, then head to Walmart/Publix.

Nearly all hire cars don’t have the luggage cover, and dodgy types have been known to hang around the supermarket car parks waiting for people to park up and leave all their stuff in the car.

Oh I never thought of this , also, probably wouldn’t fit in all the food with luggage .

Thanks all 👍
Seve7n is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kasalic View Post

Have you many reports of these? What’s your source? I’m interested because the shopping mall we go to has its own security. Publix is part of it. In 15 or so years going there I’ve never heard of any concerted efforts at breaking into cars in their car park. No more than here in the U.K. anyway.

But as you say we do villa, offload luggage, food shop then bed. ( travel back to villa first )

Edited at 09:33 AM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Have you many reports of these? What’s your source? I’m interested because the shopping mall we go to has its own security. Publix is part of it. In 15 or so years going there I’ve never heard of any concerted efforts at breaking into cars in their car park. No more than here in the U.K. anyway.

But as you say we do villa, offload luggage, food shop then bed. ( travel back to villa first )

I agree urban myth...

I have been on holiday to us more times than I care to remember and have never seen or directly heard of this, only on Internet forums.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
On arrival day, we usually dump the bags at the villa and do a quick shop for essentials at Publix at Rolling Oaks as it is easy to get around and stocked one of our essentials- Publix Fried Chicken.
On our first full day, we are up early, hit the park of choice usually until early afternoon and then head back to the villa stopping of at a supermarket (usually Super Target) to do a full shop and go to Dollar Tree to pick up household items like wash up liquid, loo paper etc.
Dollar Tree is great for swim noodles etc for the pool too.
Once that’s all unpacked we have some pool time, then out for our first restaurant meal of the holiday and then back to the villa for a somewhat early night.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Food shop, take out and sleep! In that order!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

With us it depends... on arrival
if it is one where you pick up the key and register at a management company, go do that they are usually near a supermarket - pick up essentials, and takeaway food then go to villa, eat swim, sleep.

If one where you just use the key box, then go to villa drop me and luggage, DH goes shopping with teens - essentials and takeaway, I unpack and work out what needs to be worked out. No longer at the stage in life where we all need to go everywhere together.

Next day up early due to time difference, go to a park til tired, then go back to villa and lounge/swim in pool, out to eat in evening.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We do the same as most people on here.

Drive to villa.
Publix for food shopping.
Subs from the deli at Publix.
Back to villa and unpack.
Sleep!

Can’t wait

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List