Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 11 Feb 16, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

New York Dh 40th Trip report Day 2

I couldn't believe it I was awake at 130am. I was so annoyed with myself. I think I nodded in and out of sleep before giving up at 330 and running a bath. I distrurbed dh who luckily wasn't annoyed but instead went out to find us coffees
About 6 we headed out for breakfast. We had heard of Pershing pancakes thanks to some kind dibbers so off we headed for grand central station we had nice breakfast but it was expensive above $100 with tip.
After our fill we had a steady walk down to Times Square we wanted tickets for the hop on hop off bus. (Recommended)
We run into a couple of people who we booked tickets with and off we went to get a bus. Our plan was Stratton island ferry, then world trad, then the memorials.
When we got off the bus it was sooo cold we decided against the ferry and took photos of the statue from a far. We then had a lovely walk down Wall Street. Had a pic with the bull. One of my favourite films of all time is die hard 3. We had great fun looking at all the spots where the filming took place. We heard that the federal reserve do tours but we decided against it, but imagine seeing all that gold
We got a coffee and a donut from dunking donuts $14, then we walked up towards the one world centre. We stumbled accossthe memorials so took some time here. I wasn't expecting it to be as emotional as it was.
Then it was time to go up the tower all I can say is wow. I don't want to spoil it for others but those who have been know what I mean!
Message me if you want more info. We did some shopping at century 21.
Back on the bus up to Times Square then a walk back to our hotel. To drop off our shopping. We then had tickets to the Knicks game. We got a taxi up to Madison square gardens and ate in steak house nearby. Very expensive $54 a steak! Our bill was $160
The Knicks game was amazing loved every bit of it. Would highly recommend.
Taxi back to our hotel about 1030 and sleep!

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying

Edited at 07:14 PM.
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 16, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Yikes $100 for brekkie that was pricey !
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 16, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

So what does a $100 breakfast taste like?
Great day. We are doing similar we haven't booked much in advance and just going with the flow.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 16, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

It's so funny because they have signs all over saying we are not IHOP, which I thought was quite funny as its not as nice as IHOP or obviously as cheap 😂

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 16, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Goodness me that was an expensive breakfast, I've heard lots of people rave about it as a place to eat-I'm pleased we just grabbed breakfast from the deli next door to the hotel at that price. Shame you never got on the ferry but you still had all those amazing views at the top of the tower. We looked in Century 21 but never found anything. Pleased you enjoyed the Knicks game, I wished we'd been able to catch a game. Great day.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 16, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for report. Is Century 21 worth a visit? We are staying that end of town and I'm just trying to get a loose plan together.
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 16, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Thanks for report. Is Century 21 worth a visit? We are staying that end of town and I'm just trying to get a loose plan together.
We got a new suit case Calvin Klein for $30 and a lot of kids clothes bargins. And some skull candy wireless headphones for $20

Depends what you are looking for really - think TK-max.

Old 2 Mar 16, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 16, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
jaspr
Trading Disney Pins

Hello, $100 for brekky ! I may have underestimated my budget.

Do you have any more detail about the hop on hop off bus ? or can you point me in the right direction. Taking the DW and two DD's, 12 and 8 in August.

Jason
jaspr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 16, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jaspr View Post
Hello, $100 for brekky ! I may have underestimated my budget.

Do you have any more detail about the hop on hop off bus ? or can you point me in the right direction. Taking the DW and two DD's, 12 and 8 in August.

Jason
There are cheaper places to eat don't worry too much, we just struggled with the cold needed quick!

The hop on hop off was very good value there are bus stops every where and in Times Square there are ticket touts for them all,with leaflets etc.
Anything in particular you wanted to know?