Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Mar 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The kids look amazing m that’s is actually great value for Disney as well . Cheetos , oh my I love Cheetos ( wilko well the crunchy ones here) . That strawberry tart looks yummy , that’s been noted
Such a shame about the donuts and funnel cake ! Was it cooked fresh for you ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Brilliant report, thank you for taking the time to do it. That strawberry tart is certainly on my list now
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Mmmm, that strawberry tart looks good and is now on my list for October. Pity about the bad funnel cake and stale doughnuts though. At least you've had good funnel cake and know what it should be like. I do think there's a knack to cooking it, the same as the bengiets at POFQ - they can be lovely or disgusting depending on how they're cooked.
Interesting that kids meals at Chicken Guy are a snack credit! Might be handy when at DS and fancy a savoury snack as there aren't that many options like that there

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow what a great selection of food tried. Shame about the funnel cake and donuts but sounds like everything else was a hit looking forward to the next instalment.
Old 30 Mar 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Oh no stale donuts! ☹ you did have a fantastic snack credit day though! Loving your choices - is really making me think about our upcoming trip and approaching the snack and QS credits differently, having always just ordered 'per person' we really need to share a variety instead 🤗 enjoy tomorrow 👍
It was my fault about the donuts I got sidetracked by the food boothd at epcot. Sharing is really working well and I am sure by the end we will know what we like individually.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The beef did look tasty. Chocolate chip cookies for breakfast are a must on holiday. Interesting that kids meals are a snack credit at chicken guy.

Great day for snacks, keep going you'll get there!
Yes the guy tried to talk me out of it because it is a sandwich and a fruitpit not a drink lol but then I realised that he had to do it in 2 transactions which explained why lol.

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
The kids look amazing m that’s is actually great value for Disney as well . Cheetos , oh my I love Cheetos ( wilko well the crunchy ones here) . That strawberry tart looks yummy , that’s been noted
Such a shame about the donuts and funnel cake ! Was it cooked fresh for you ?
Aww thanks , they really enjoyed it. and the souvenirs that came with it were good as well. That strawberry tart is on my list after my little chicks decided it was theirs lol. They had about 15 minutes to decide and said they were full will be getting a couple next time lol. The funnel cake deginetley wasn't cooked fresh if and was bare in most places. If I had paid for it I would have complained. No one else's looked the same and I think it was reserved for a dining plan guest but we had eaten so much food I wasn't going to let it bother me. I just wanted to point this out as people might get one like it and won't go back again which would be a real shame.

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Brilliant report, thank you for taking the time to do it. That strawberry tart is certainly on my list now
Thank you, I look forward to getting a try next time. I couldn't be bothered waiting again after the kids ate it so definitely on my list for next time

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Mmmm, that strawberry tart looks good and is now on my list for October. Pity about the bad funnel cake and stale doughnuts though. At least you've had good funnel cake and know what it should be like. I do think there's a knack to cooking it, the same as the bengiets at POFQ - they can be lovely or disgusting depending on how they're cooked.
Interesting that kids meals at Chicken Guy are a snack credit! Might be handy when at DS and fancy a savoury snack as there aren't that many options like that there
I am glad we had the food funnel cake first as we would have been in the hate camp as well. Yes the kids meal are good for a snack credit although I left wishing we had gone to blaze (the kids wanted to but they had pizza for lunch lol. It is proving more difficult to get to Disney springs than I anticipated with the buses starting at 4 from Disney springs.

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Wow what a great selection of food tried. Shame about the funnel cake and donuts but sounds like everything else was a hit looking forward to the next instalment.
Yes, We really enjoyed lots yesterday Sunshine seasons and that chicken was really nice.

It's AK today so if anyone has any other suggestions so far I have Dinobites and elephant ears on my list of foods to do.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Good that the kids meals were snacks at chicken guy. What do the kids meals come with?

Shame about the donuts as they looked like they would be nice.

Edited at 12:54 PM.
Orlando 2004 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Good that the kids meals were snacks as chicken guy. What so the kids meals come with?

Shame about the donuts as they looked like they would be nice.
It is either 2 chicken strips/grilled cheese or mac n cheese with either the apple sauce stuff or the fruit cups pictured. So no drink or fries. But for a snack credit pretty good value.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
It is either 2 chicken strips/grilled cheese or mac n cheese with either the apple sauce stuff or the fruit cups pictured. So no drink or fries. But for a snack credit pretty good value.
Ok thanks.
Old 30 Mar 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Really enjoying reading along, so thanks for sharing. It’s funny, but we as a family always use all our credits very easily. I think maybe we are just pigs! We usually have the ddp and we use 1 snack for breakfast, a qs for lunch and then a ts for dinner. We use the other snack for ice cream etc., so we never have too many. Maybe it’s because we never share, I don’t know, but I don’t seem to be able to stretch my credits any further. I usually end up paying for extra breakfast items too as DH can’t survive without more than a pastry! Never mind, it’s free food, so it’s all good. I am in awe of you though x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Loves 2 plan where did you get the chilli fried from can't seem to find them . thanks