Notices

Old 19 Mar 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Just read through your update, loving all of Charlotte's Disney gear! Especially the hairband bow that matches your ears . She's getting so big!

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the Baby Jogger City Lite. We're taking our little girl to Canada next year when she'll be 18 months, so about the same age as Charlotte will be on this trip, and we'll need a lighter/cheaper holiday buggy too. It's one I'd come across, gets great reviews and looks ideal.
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Just read through your update, loving all of Charlotte's Disney gear! Especially the hairband bow that matches your ears . She's getting so big!

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the Baby Jogger City Lite. We're taking our little girl to Canada next year when she'll be 18 months, so about the same age as Charlotte will be on this trip, and we'll need a lighter/cheaper holiday buggy too. It's one I'd come across, gets great reviews and looks ideal.
Hi! Aw I was wondering how you'd got on, what did you call your little girl?
Amazing. I've only been to Vancouver but loved it and would love to see more of Canada one day.
We've used the city lite a few times to test it out and so far we're pleased with it. The only thing I would say that annoys me is that it still seems a little bit reclined even in the "fully upright" position. But the canopy is great, it's so light and easy to put up and collapse can literally do it one handed holding Charlotte. Oh also it doesn't have a bar across the front but you can get a snack tray which looks pretty handy. I still need to get that and the rain cover come to think of it!
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
Hi! Aw I was wondering how you'd got on, what did you call your little girl?
Amazing. I've only been to Vancouver but loved it and would love to see more of Canada one day.
We've used the city lite a few times to test it out and so far we're pleased with it. The only thing I would say that annoys me is that it still seems a little bit reclined even in the "fully upright" position. But the canopy is great, it's so light and easy to put up and collapse can literally do it one handed holding Charlotte. Oh also it doesn't have a bar across the front but you can get a snack tray which looks pretty handy. I still need to get that and the rain cover come to think of it!
We called her Elizabeth, Libby for short . She arrived on Boxing Day, she's 12 weeks tomorrow!

That's good to know, thanks. One handed folding sounds ideal, as does the snack tray! xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
We called her Elizabeth, Libby for short . She arrived on Boxing Day, she's 12 weeks tomorrow!

That's good to know, thanks. One handed folding sounds ideal, as does the snack tray! xx
Congratulations! What a lovely name

No worries. I'll be sure to include a review in my report! Also if you do decide to get one, shop around as the price can vary wildly! We got ours from Boots, it was about £50 cheaper than most places I'd seen and I got an advantage card points offer through the baby club so ended up getting about £20 of points as well
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
Congratulations! What a lovely name

No worries. I'll be sure to include a review in my report! Also if you do decide to get one, shop around as the price can vary wildly! We got ours from Boots, it was about £50 cheaper than most places I'd seen and I got an advantage card points offer through the baby club so ended up getting about £20 of points as well
Great thank you x
Old 6 Jul 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Update - ADRs and the least planned plan ever!

Hi!
Realised I hadn't updated when I booked our ADRs so thought I would pop a little update up!

Sorry it's very lacking in photos! I have inserted some ones from google images to try and make it less boring!

I was stressing out a bit the day before ADR day - it's difficult enought trying to think where you'll be 60 or 30 days before so you can book fastpasses, but trying to predict what you'll want to eat in 6 months - that's a whole new level of planning!
I think it also didn't help that it's our first time with DDP so we haven't got any experience of it before trying it out with Charlotte in tow.

Anyway, I tried to cobble together a very rough outline of a plan and have gone from there. We will cancel or change any we need to when we're out there, hopefully with going at a relatively quiet time of year (if there is such a thing at WDW!) we will have a little bit of flexibility.

So here's what we've booked:
Boma (dinner)

Yak & Yeti (lunch) - we really like the look of the menu here

Beaches & Cream (lunch) - Martin loves a burger - as do I , and these look pretty darn good! Also wouldn't mind trying some ice cream I love the look of this place too.

'Ohana (breakfast) - as we all know, this is a character breakfast so we will try and meet some characters beforehand to know how she'll do with them!
The only character dining I have ever done was breakfast at 'Ohana, many () years ago. Here are some lovely pictures

My Dad, me and my brother by the pool at the Polynesian resort

Meeting Mickey!

I was only going to book Chef Mickey's, but at the last minute decided to book a table here too. Sort of feels like coming full circle, taking my own family here...

Yachtsman Steakhouse (dinner) - this is my birthday meal which I'm really looking forward to!

Chef Mickey's (breakfast) - Again, character meltdown dependent

Coral Reef (dinner) - Charlotte LOVES watching fishies swim around!

Be Our Guest (breakfast) - we've tried lunch so thought we'd go for brekkie this time

Homecomin' (dinner) - can't wait to try the fried chicken from here

'Ohana (dinner) - Martin is a big fan of "all you care to enjoy" haha.

We got everything we wanted, at the times we wanted, with no bother. The only one I couldn't get at a time that suited was Coral Reef, but since the candlelight processional packages have been released I was easily able to change the time to one that was better.

We've got a few quick service places in mind that we want to try too - D Luxe burger and Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs in particular!

First day plans are Magic Kingdom (as is the law obviously) until lunchtime/early afternoon then I thought we would head back to the resort for some downtime. I booked Boma as we have had a few recommendations for it and I thought it was a nice, easy option for our first night.

The rest of our plans are very changeable! I've only pencilled in half a day at HS, as it looks pretty bobbins there at the minute with very little to do! After this we are planning to walk round to EPCOT via Beaches & Cream!

Although we're staying at AKL, I've only put us in for 1 day at AK so far. If we don't get everything done that we want to we may pop back in at some point, but we mainly want to have a look at Pandora and some of the animal trails etc as I think Charlotte will like them.

The main bulk of our time will be spent between Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. We also want to do a little bit of MK area resort hopping and look at the Christmas decorations. We will check out Beach and Yacht Club ones when we're in that area too.

I think we are going to do MVMCP, although I honestly don't know how Charlotte will do staying up late. I don't think we'll be going back to WDW at that time of year any time soon so really want to make sure we make the most of the Christmas stuff. I've pencilled in very quiet days the day of the party we're hoping to do, and the day after to let us all recover! Hopefully she will see some of it then fall asleep in her stroller! I want to get her some ear defenders for when there are fireworks going off etc so that may help.

Don't think we can go at Christmas and miss this!

Speaking of fireworks, we do want to see the new MK firework show, but again we have no idea if we'll actually manage it! We thought we may try and watch from the Poly beach one night, but they're on pretty late while we're there so that may never happen!

And the last thing we'll hopefully get to do while we're over there is meet up with fellow dibbers Brett, Jo and Marceline who are there at the same time. There's only a couple of months between the girls so they should have fun playing together (and we can have a sneaky drink )

The days are flying past now. Charlotte was 1 on Monday, I can't quite believe it. As this update is very wordy and lacking in photos, here's some of her birthday celebrations!

Birthday fun at Chester Zoo

First monorail!

Sorry I've used the words "I don't know" so much in this update but that's the joy of travelling with a baby!

Thanks for reading!

Edited at 09:41 PM.
Old 25 Jul 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Only just seen your ADR update... how exciting to have so many great restaurants booked, you will be eating well this trip that is for sure!

Loving the photos of Charlotte's birthday, she is the cutest! And the throwback photos are blooming brilliant!

So happy to see it is all coming together so well, this trip will be here before you know it!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Aaah I'd totally missed you starting this! I loved your last trippy! Charlotte is absolutely gorgeous

We've got quite a lot of the same ADRs booked - can't wait for Homecomin'!

AKL looks absolutely beautiful, I'd love to stay there one day! x
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Only just seen your ADR update... how exciting to have so many great restaurants booked, you will be eating well this trip that is for sure!

Loving the photos of Charlotte's birthday, she is the cutest! And the throwback photos are blooming brilliant!

So happy to see it is all coming together so well, this trip will be here before you know it!
Hi Lisa! I know, we haven't eaten at many Disney restaurants so am super excited to try them!

Haha thanks, I think she is but am obviously very biased We had a lovely time for her birthday, but I cannot believe she's 1. Time flies. Hope you're well and getting ready for baba! Xx
Old 25 Jul 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Aaah I'd totally missed you starting this! I loved your last trippy! Charlotte is absolutely gorgeous

We've got quite a lot of the same ADRs booked - can't wait for Homecomin'!

AKL looks absolutely beautiful, I'd love to stay there one day! x
Aw thanks so much for your lovely comments!

Look at your tiny little countdown, how exciting! I will subscribe to your trippy and look forward to reading all about your holiday x