Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by cherryred72 View Post
FAO Florida Sarah

Not sure I could take 2 stops on the way home. That’s some journey. That said, that’s also some price...!
It’s only an extra few hours and the killer is the transatlantic crossing so what we do before or after that we can easily handle!

We’ve flown home via Atlanta a few times before and we don’t mind it at all so it’s no big deal for us. Our last day is a write off anyway so we usually enjoy the lounge at MCO and then by the time we get to Atlanta we grab a coffee and then board the transatlantic flight.

The lay overs are less than 2 hours each and the connecting flights are both an hour each so it’s perfectly manageable. We’ve only ever done 1 stop before so we shall see how it goes, but for the saving we will be happy to add a few extra hours onto our journey and enjoy this bonus spontaneous trip!

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019

Edited at 10:15 PM.
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We’ve booked ours. The problem was that we weren’t flexible with our outbound date but could fly home any date as long as we were back for work on the Monday.

We’re flying LGW to Tampa direct. BA holidays. WT+ out. WT back. WT+ was coming in as cheaper than WT which enticed me to press the book button.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Mobile

What is WT?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
What is WT?
WT is World traveller, BA’s economy cabin.
WT+ is the premium economy cabin.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

2nd April to 16th April. EDI - Jfk - MCO with Delta standard economy Inc baggage. c£550 ea.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
cherryred72
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by bosshogg View Post
2nd April to 16th April. EDI - Jfk - MCO with Delta standard economy Inc baggage. c£550 ea.
Well done! I’ll be flying direct in Miami so give the travelling on the road in Florida, I’d like to keep the stops on the plane to a minimum (hence flying direct)! That said, given the savings, I can see why people elect to do the airport bouncing...
cherryred72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cherryred72
Proud to wear my Ears

I’m starting to see some good deals flying on Mon 6th and returning on Mon 20th April 2020. Since we have an inset day on Mon 20th it would mean taking the kids out of school for a single day to get some massive savings. E.g. £3700 for 2A + 2C in BA PE...
cherryred72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
stuiedo
Proud to wear my Ears

booked 1-18 April, 2 adults and 2 kids. Virgin flights via JFK (second flight Delta). Premium Econ. Was going to book direct, but managed to get Virgin Hols to price match them, and then got my Virgin Flying Club discount off that as well on top. About £3.5k. Which I was happy with for 4 of us in Prem Econ.

I see prices have crept up a bit now on Virgin site. At some point they will release lots more seats on the Delta connections so will be some more deals to be had. This year at Easter I got heathrow to Tampa for 4 people for £3.5k. But that was prem econ out and Upper Class back. bargain.
stuiedo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cherryred72 View Post
Well done! I’ll be flying direct in Miami so give the travelling on the road in Florida, I’d like to keep the stops on the plane to a minimum (hence flying direct)! That said, given the savings, I can see why people elect to do the airport bouncing...
Generally we prefer indirect if we have to fly economy as well as getting a proper stretch in an deal with waiting in immigration in a layover knowing it makes no difference to my journey if it’s 10 minutes or 2 hours where as at final destination I just want to get the car and get going.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Generally we prefer indirect if we have to fly economy as well as getting a proper stretch in an deal with waiting in immigration in a layover knowing it makes no difference to my journey if it’s 10 minutes or 2 hours where as at final destination I just want to get the car and get going.
Yeah, same.

Although doing indirect means a total of about 5hrs extra added , the savings are well worth 5hrs of our time. ( infact is way less than that difference as Edinburgh does not do direct out of season, so would have to drive to Glasgow)
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List