Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
florida mad
Apprentice Imagineer

florida mad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Travel sickness

My daughter suffers terribly at the end of a flight with sickness.
We fly again in a couple of weeks and she's getting very anxious about it.
Any tips on this. I do buy the travel tablets for her and she takes one an hour before we fly
Old 26 Sep 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

I am a terrible traveler, but swear by Stugeron tablets, lasts the whole flight no issues
Took them for going on the airboat ride too, have a look at them in Boots the chemist
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by florida mad View Post
My daughter suffers terribly at the end of a flight with sickness.
We fly again in a couple of weeks and she's getting very anxious about it.
Any tips on this. I do buy the travel tablets for her and she takes one an hour before we fly
If it's the end of the flight it is most likely the pressure effect as the plane descends. Sucking a sugar free sweet helps as does the valsalva maneouvre if her ears don't clear freely. (Hold your nose and blow gently until your ears click. Keep doing it every few minutes all the way down.)
Stugeron is good for general motion sickness, (aged over 5) if no conflict with other medication.
All worked for our family when we figured out the problem.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

Try earplanes for her ears & we have these for my daughter amazon/Nausea-Trav...gateway&sr=8-1 & these amazon/Three-Lolli... ateway&sr=8-3

Might be worth a try x
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

I take stugeron, had the earplanes and the Pressure bands on the wrists. Stopped all my travel sickness in its tracks.
The earplanes must be inserted as according to the instructions when the plane is taking off and coming down to land ,to equalise the pressure properly.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

A packet of polo's throughout the flight, then brush your teeth before your descent.

Mint has very strong anti-nausea properties.
JoeA is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
rinkytinks
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another vote for Sturgeon. While you’re very there look out for some called Bonnie. They were brilliant too
rinkytinks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
florida mad
Apprentice Imagineer

florida mad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you, didn’t think using earplugs would make a difference but we’ll try anything. Will try Sturgeon too, thanks again
Old 26 Sep 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by florida mad View Post
Thank you, didn’t think using earplugs would make a difference but we’ll try anything. Will try Sturgeon too, thanks again
They are not just ordinary ear plugs they have a little hole in the end and with a little ball thing inside is the only way I can describe it which equalises the pressure, they need to be put in a certain time before departure of the plane and a certain time before the plane descends so the pressure can equalise properly.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I used to be sick every time I flew (even after we landed) so I took tablets but they make me drowsy. So many years ago I started using travel bands. I’ve never had any problems since with short or long haul flights. Just pop them on as you are getting on the plane and take them off as you land.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List