Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 4 Oct 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MamaGchild
Earning More Ears

I got 2 lovely comforter sets in ‘At Home’ in August in the clearance section, each was less than $30
MamaGchild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
We were having a look on our trip a week ago; visited Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, Macy’s, Marshall’s, Home Goods, Bealls & Kohls.
However, we felt the nicest patterns at great prices were in Stein Mart.
We’ll be buying one at Christmas; will bring the extra case!
I'm going to be taking a couple of vacuum bags
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

We bought a lovely king size one in grey microfibre from Walmart for less than £40 I was so excited to put it on Sunday night .. at 11pm we were roasting and it had to come off ! We have three others and would compare them to a 4-5 tog quilt which is enough for us as our house is pretty warm .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Target JCPenny Macy’s Kohls Ross Marshall’s I’ve bought from them all
Just depends if I see something I like
I’ve also bought from Bed Bath and beyond if I have a coupon
You may have guessed by now coupons are my dirty little secret when shopping in Florida
I love coupons ! I even ask at the cash till if they have any coupons because I ‘forgot’ to check before coming into the store. It’s amazing how often the shop assistant takes a scrappy bit of paper from under the counter, scans it and puts it back. Hey presto 10% or $5 etc discount.

I’m very pushy about discounts, Home and away, to the embarrassment of my family ☺️
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ericmum it's a standing joke in this house that he only place I don't use coupons in Florida is the dollar tree type stores
I always check,out the clearance sections as well
Yes I'm the embarrassment home and abroad
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Ericmum it's a standing joke in this house that he only place I don't use coupons in Florida is the dollar tree type stores
I always check,out the clearance sections as well
Yes I'm the embarrassment home and abroad
I get the feeling that sales assistants expect customers to have or ask for coupons !

In Macy’s once I handed over my International shoppers discount card for the 10% off and the woman said “I can do better for you” and swiped her staff discount card ! I got 20% off. Imagine that happening in John Lewis or M&S (other UK stores are available !)
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I get the feeling that sales assistants expect customers to have or ask for coupons !

In Macy’s once I handed over my International shoppers discount card for the 10% off and the woman said “I can do better for you” and swiped her staff discount card ! I got 20% off. Imagine that happening in John Lewis or M&S (other UK stores are available !)
Better than that; we were there during one of Macy's Friends & Family 2 week events; 30% discount on items if you had the F & F card.

I asked the cashier how do I get one of those?
She smiled, said "just like this", reached into her till and handed me a brand new 30% discount card valid for a fortnight!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Maybe a daft question the comforter is the like a built in quit? the cover doesn't come off? do you just wash the whole lot in a washing machine? But being a kingsize would need a big washingmachine?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Maybe a daft question the comforter is the like a built in quit? the cover doesn't come off? do you just wash the whole lot in a washing machine? But being a kingsize would need a big washingmachine?
Ours go into The washing machine as they are but we do have a huge machine ..it fits in my 7kg tumble dryer afterwards though . Mine aren’t really thick as we don’t feel the cold that badly

Edited at 06:34 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Well I have got to age 51 without ever hearing of a comforter

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about babies dummies

Every day is a school day ( after a quick google to find out what you are talking about)
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List