Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 14, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
darklightuk
I want to go now!

Question ECV Scooter?

My father has limited mobility and as we're taking my eight year old niece to WDW tomorrow a scooter is a must.
But everyone tells me expect to do far more miles than you think particularly for Magic Kingdom.

As such I'm now dropping the Go-Go from scootaround and looking to rent the Victory 10 instead.

Can anyone lend a hand with some last minute advice on scooters please...
darklightuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 14, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We never had any problems with a cheap, basic scooter and it had a lot of use.
It got charged up every night and easily lasted a full day.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 14, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbaby29871
Imagineer

I used a Go-Go from apple and took the charging cord with me and when we ate I the late afternoon early evening just plugged it in the socket to charge. I just asked the CM in the restaurant if it was ok and where the closet wall socket was. They where happy for me to do this and I just took my personal stuff with me. Hope this helps and have a fun day.
angelbaby29871 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 14, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

I get mine from Randys mobility every year--its the cheapest we have found and the service is great--you pay 1/2 upfront and the rest on delicery at the villa or hotel
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 14, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by petetina View Post
I get mine from Randys mobility every year--its the cheapest we have found and the service is great--you pay 1/2 upfront and the rest on delicery at the villa or hotel
Can you post the link for this one, please?

I used Sun Mobility, and they were a nightmare!

That said, I had a Pride Elite 3-wheeler, and accessibility was great - got round all the tight turns in the queues without any problems. Also, because it has the more powerful batteries, I managed to do full days at the parks without any problems, just plugging it in over night in our hotel room. The most basic scooters will often only do up to 4.5 miles a day, and that is no good for a park day as you can often find yourself doing 6-8 miles on an average day.

You also need to watch for weight. I wasn't anywhere near the weight limit for my particular scooter, but again the smallest scooters will only take slim/light people.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 14, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Another one who'd like the link for Randys scooters please. Will be hiring a scooter for my Dad this August. Thanks
Old 5 Apr 14, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Links for loads of rental companies including Randy's are in the sticky thread.
Randy's is here
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 14, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread