Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jul 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Which of these three would you recommend for lunch and why

Next year I am determined to do the monorail loop and visit the hotels have a look around ,visit the shops and have lunch.
Out of the three which would you recommend for lunch and why, I like the look at the California grill and I'm not worried it is a character meal.tia
****Sorry that should have been chef Mickey's not a California grill think the heat got my brain...

Edited at 02:56 PM. Reason: Mistake
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

You've only mentioned California Grill. What other two restaurants are you looking at?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think California Grill serves lunch.

I assume by three you refer to the three hotels?

In which case, it definitely would not be the Poly for me as it is a bear pit and the one time I ate at Kona Café it was very poor food, bland and boring.

The Wave at Contemporary looks ok and would be in the running, but I think I would probably go for Grand Floridian Café, peaceful, adult atmosphere.

Edited at 01:36 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Yes sorry the three hotels on the monorail route.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I’d agree with Claudette. CG doesn’t do lunch, Poly is really noisy. The Wave has no windows, but we did enjoy a lunch there. However, my choice would have to be Grand Floridian Cafe too, lovely room, nice menu.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Sorry I'm an idiot I actually meant to chef Mickey not the California grill hot weather adling the brain...
Old 26 Jul 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DISNEYALI View Post
Sorry I'm an idiot I actually meant to chef Mickey not the California grill hot weather adling the brain...
Well Chef Mickeys is quite a different experience to Grand Floridian Café. I have been for breakfast before and it is my first ADR, for brunch on our next trip. I booked it because I thought that it would be a lively and fun way to kick off the holiday. The food is fine but nothing special, it really is all about the atmosphere and character interaction.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

who is going?

My lot love chef mickeys but it is just basic buffet fare nothing special -character interaction has always been great but it does get busy/loud expensive if paying oop.

Grand floridan cafe is one of our favourite restaurants- we've never actually done lunch but the menu looks great
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If the aim of the day is a relaxing monorail loop of hotel exploring I’d either do a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, GF, if you want characters or lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I’d doing this on a Sunday aid choose Sunday brunch at the California Grill.
Old 27 Jul 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Can’t comment on lunch but we had breakfast at Chef Mickeys on our first morning and 1900 Park Fayre on our last morning. The experience and food (both buffets) was 100% better at Park Fayre. At CM the character interaction was rushed and the service was awful. We grudgingly left an 18% tip. At 1900 PF the character interaction was first class and didn’t feel rushed in anyway. The service was also outstanding and our server deserved his 20% tip.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List