Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 14, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Betterware type products

The amount of betterware, kleeneze and other similar product catalogues keep being posted through my door is on the increase. I do feel sorry for the people trying to earn a bit of money qfrom selling the products but I'm afraid they are very over priced cheaply made items.

We had a family member who started selling betterware type products years ago and we felt obliged to buy some but they ended up in the bin. Once they ran out of family and friends to sell the products to they gave up due to the small amount of orders from strangers. They have to buy the catalogues and often don't get them back because people don't always leave them on the doorstep, or if they do they get soaked and are a bin job.

I always feel a bit guilty not buying the products because people are just trying to make a living out of them.

Edited at 03:18 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 14, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I agree, the other day I had a young man on a sort of back to work incentive programme, he had a hold all full of stuff you can get in poundland that he was selling for as much as £10. I felt for him as he was trying rather than just sit on the dole, but I couldnt justify buying the stuff.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 14, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Some people do make a very good living from these catalogues. We had neighbours who did it and did very well. I think it depends on the area. We don't get many here and I rarely buy anything as I find most items or similar can be found in Poundland or certainly cheaper in other stores. I do always try to return the catalogues though as I don't like to think of anyone losing out but often they don't collect them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 14, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DJBenz
Apprentice Imagineer

DJBenz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I agree, the other day I had a young man on a sort of back to work incentive programme, he had a hold all full of stuff you can get in poundland that he was selling for as much as £10. I felt for him as he was trying rather than just sit on the dole, but I couldnt justify buying the stuff.
This is a popular scam, there are no such incentive programmes. Usually they spin a story about having spent time in prison and trying to rehabilitate, but it's not true. They're just selling Poundland tat at over inflated prices.
DJBenz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 14, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DJBenz View Post
This is a popular scam, there are no such incentive programmes. Usually they spin a story about having spent time in prison and trying to rehabilitate, but it's not true. They're just selling Poundland tat at over inflated prices.
One guy stops here every few months, he has an id badge of some sort so I thought it was a legit scheme.

I've never bought anything from him, but he's always polite, apologetic for disturbing and not pushy. I always just wish him good luck.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 14, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread