Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Nov 16, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Peut-Ętre
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Nervous Travelling Alone 29/11 - 13/12

Hi all

It's been a while... so it's two and a half weeks until the next trip to the mouse and a long overdue break, but my excitement's dwindling at the thought of travelling all the way to Florida on my todd for the first time.

Seeing as the rest of the family live in Ireland and I'm back living/working in London it was always going to be a tricky one but as they've had to now change their flights it means I'm not only travelling alone but spending the final day of the trip alone.

I'm a bad flyer as it is but now I've got to finish work deadlines, pack, get to the airport, go through all the monotonous security, wait in airport, fly () , pick up the bags and do immigration alone - which is a lot of stress (adulting, eh?).

So I thought I'd see if there are any other DIBBers travelling the same or a similar route to me:

Tues 29/11/16 1300 VS015 LGW - MCO
Tues 13/12/16 2000 VS016 MCO - LGW

All economy unless I strike it lucky/decide to part with miles/money at the airport.

If anyone has any tips for travelling to the mouse alone, this would also be greatly appreciated.

The long-term solution is to persuade OH to stop being a Mr Grumpy Gills and convince him that WDW is not just for kids or filled with hypocritical people forcing everyone to comply with happiness like some weird cult in time for next years trip - probably more difficult than travelling alone!

Look forward to reading your replies!
Peut-Ętre is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 16, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I'm not a good flyer but regularly fly the same route solo its they only way I get here so it's a means to an end I love my solo trips in fact DH is here this time so I've not had a solo trip this year and I have withdrawals symptoms you will love it honest
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 16, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I've been flying solo since I was 16 and my 70 year old mum does it all the time. It really is no big deal and nothing to worry about. I now usually have the kids with me even if DH flies separately due to work. Being on your own is alot more peaceful!
Old 11 Nov 16, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm not the best flyer either. I wouldn't not fly but it's not my favourite pastime. I'm usually ok once the first few hours are over.
My family know that on small planes I'm best left alone! I find it easier if I just get stuck into a book rather than sit and panic. Plus people asking if I'm ok or trying to reassure me just makes me worse.
So, you may find it easier being alone.
I'm sure you'll be fine

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 16, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post

I've flown alone for many years, mainly on business to places all over Europe, to Kenya, Oman and lately to Orlando three times for pleasure. I can't say I get a thrill out of flying, especially after the first couple of hours, but I just grin and bear it, living with the thought of where I'm going whether it be Orlando or home!

The benefit of flying solo is that you can do things at YOUR pace. In the terminal, you can go where you want, when you want.

As for being alone on the plane, I don't mind. Some people sleep, some listen to music or read, others watch a film. I've had interesting chats with people as well and heard all about bridge building, finance, horse breeding and motorbikes. I've heard all about people's relationships as well. I think people assume that if you're on your own, they can tell you anything!

I also gave business advice once (my old speciality).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 16, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
christoby
Proud to wear my Ears

What a shame, I'm flying out on the 1st back on the 12th.
Flown solo several times. I wouldn't say I love it. But wouldn't miss Florida.

People seem more friendly towards you on your own, and always happy to chat.

I just have to get my sensible head on and do things on my own for a change.

Enjoy your trip.
christoby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 16, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Peut-Ętre

Mobile

Hi guys, ☺

Thanks for the replies. I've been flying alone since a young teen, but never this distance! Hopefully some liquid courage on the flight will help! 😉Thanks again.
Peut-Ętre is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 16, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I would offer to sit with you as we fly same day same place but we are on the ba morning flight ba2037
you will be just behind may see u at mco! or disney safe journey!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Peut-Ętre

Originally Posted by The Hardys View Post
I would offer to sit with you as we fly same day same place but we are on the ba morning flight ba2037
you will be just behind may see u at mco! or disney safe journey!
May do! You too!
Old 12 Nov 16, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread