Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 7 Jan 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Itinerary and ADR.. thoughts ? (staying AKL)

Hi All,

I would really appreciate your thoughts, as its our first time. 2 adults and 2 kids (13 & 16) staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge over Easter period. We are thinking

Arr Fri PM - Dinner QS
Sat - AK AM - Breakfast Character Tusker House
- AK PM - QS lunch
- AK Dinner Yak Yeti
Sund - EPCOT
- Breakfast - QS or Snacks
- Lunch - QS
- Dinner - Via Napoli in Epcot
Mon - MK
- Breakfast & lunch QS
- Dinner Ohana (Poly hotel)
Tues- HS
- Breakfast QS
- Lunch Snacks
- Dinner (Boma)
Wed - AK
nothing booked yet
Thurs Leave early afternoon - Breakfast booked in Boma.

I am sure I have not got this right, perhaps Boma twice is not a good idea, and two restaurants in AK on the Sat is also not a great idea.. but your help from the experts would be great.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

AKL is an amazing resort! Tusker House breakfast on our first day has become a bit of a tradition for us and it's a great way to start the holiday. We never need 3 meals a day though, especially on days with a buffet breakfast - we would usually just get a snack late afternoon and then something for dinner if we are hungry. Also on the first day you'll probably be really tired by early evening so a sit down dinner might be too much but everyone is different.

Boma is great but I wouldn't book it twice when there are so many other places to try. Not a TS but I would highly recommend the food in Satu'li canteen in Pandora if you get chance, it's delicious and really good value for QS.

We love Prime Time in HS if you wanted to eat dinner there on that day and just keep your Boma breakfast

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The Saturday you'll be up early with jet lag but likely flagging by late afternoon so a QS might work better that day and use the TS for a character breakfast at another park another day.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Saturday is EMH at AK, I wouldn't use that time for a TS breakfast. I would move it to a brunch (around 10-10:30 if you still want some breakfast foods) and skip lunch, as you won't need 3 full meals after a Disney buffet! Although I agree with not doing two TS meals on your first day, I'd grab a QS dinner at Satu'li Canteen (or back at the resort if you don't last that long with jet lag) and move Yak & Yeti to the Wednesday.

On Tuesday, were you planning to see either Fantasmic or the SW fireworks at HS? If so, I wouldn't book Boma on that evening. If none of the in-park dining options at HS appeal, take a look at the Boardwalk area resorts as they're just a quick boat ride (or even walk) away.

I would just cancel Boma dinner completely, since you already have the breakfast planned. Or as with TH, make that last day a brunch if you want to try both the breakfast and lunch/dinner buffet options.

Edited at 04:51 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post

thanks everyone, we have taken your recommendations and changed. a quick query, would you still recommend tusker and Boma ? is the food very similar ? also I see 50s in HS is very popular and we have not thought about Disney Spring.. soooo much choice.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List