Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Jan 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ando88
Helping Mickey

Mobile Upgrade QSDP to DDP or not?

For my trip Aug 2019, I am considering paying to upgrade from QSDP to DDP as my wife and I quite like the idea of a TS meal in the evening. The upgrade cost is going to be circa £500. I will look in April,but I imagine a deluxe will be more than £500 extra for our 14night stay,hence the paid upgrade.

From reading other threads,can you use a TS credit for character breakfasts and stuff? If so,the £500 is probably money well spent as I'm sure the kids will want chef mickeys and plenty of others! Just after thoughts really to make sure I'm not missing something!?
ando88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We would always either book a deluxd hotel during free dining or upgrade our dining plan. It’s personal preference as we enjoy a nice sit down meal in the evening (or at lunch). You may find with a full room that Old Key West or Saratoga Springs works our cheaper than upgrading dining at a moderate but we’ll need to see what April brings.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

We upgraded the first time we stayed on site at a moderate and then stayed in Deluxe to make sure we had DDP.

If you are thinking of character meals then it is more than worth the cost as they are all included (including breakfasts but a couple like Cinderellas Royal Table are 2 credits). The other benefit is I felt we had more variety to pick from and we found the QS meals very samey.
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

You will need to factor in the tips for TS meals, around 18%.
Lots of people use the $200 gift card that comes with free dining to cover the tips.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

We upgraded in 2016 (only onsite for a week) and it was worth it for us partly to have a guaranteed comfortable sit down! We booked a late breakfast or an early lunch for days that we were going to the parks early and a dinner for the couple of nights we went to fireworks etc. This worked really well for us.

If (when) we return in 2020 I hope to be onsite for a week again and I won't upgrade. I will allocate the money we would have spent on the upgrade for OOP TS meals. This will mean fewer TS meals but we will still have 2 QS meals each per day and will probably use more of them for snacks and small meals throughout the day.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mylittleminion
Helping Minnie

If you prefer table service style meals and the kids will want to do character meals then it is worth upgrading.

I paid to upgrade as it was a lot cheaper to stay at the resort I've booked and pay the difference than it was to stay at a deluxe resort and get the ddp included but there are only 2 of us so space/location are not a huge issue and the upgrade cost was lot less then it would be for a bigger group.
Mylittleminion is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Mobile

This is the first time for us staying onsite and deciding against the dining plan..we are paying oops for want we want to eat this October and I am looking forward to the change.
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List