Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 23 Jan 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Faythy
Helping Mickey

Added a 3rd Week! Look OK?

'Ello all!

Since my last thread about adding on Universal I've gone the whole hog and added on a 3rd week. I did have a night a HRH but I've cancelled that to put the money towards my extension.

I'd like thoughts on if my plan looks ok, especially as there are a few restaurants in Disney Springs I want to try, and I'm not sure if getting to those would be much of a problem. There are a lot of early starts where I've put that I'll be going to certain parks for EMH's, but that will change according to how I feel and if I manage to get on the big rides, and if I want to do them again. Also I'm playing it by ear for rest breaks, so when we're feeling tired we'll head to the pool or hotel for R&R. Just to add, we're on the free breakfast DP which we're using mainly for other meals.

Day 1 - Sunday 27th May - Arrival at 9:15
Sort Walmart - DAS pass & Disney $200 Gift Card.

If too late, go in morning.

Day 2 - Monday 28th May - Son's birthday - Do something special?
Animal Kingdom for EMH, then Epcot

Breakfast - QS End Zone
Lunch & Dinner at the Flower and Garden Festival

Day 3 - Tuesday 29th May
Magic Kingdom

Breakfast - QS End Zone
Lunch - QS Be Our Guest at 12:35
Dinner - QS Pecos Bill
Happily Ever After 9:15pm

Day 4 - Wednesday 30th May
Animal Kingdom (Lie in)

Brunch - Tusker House ROL Package at 10:45
Dinner - QS Flame Tree
Rivers of Light at 9:15pm

Day 5 - 31st May
Epcot for - EMH and a game of golf before 4

Breakfast - Kringla Bakeri
Lunch - Beaches & Cream at 2:00pm
Dinner - QS Katsura Grill
Illuminations 9pm

Day 6 - 1st June
Volcano Bay

Dinner Show - Capones - Not booked so could change date.

Day 7 - 2nd June
Animal Kingdom for EMH & Typhoon Lagoon

Breakfast - Snacks
Lunch - QS Harambe Market
Dinner - Sanaa at 6:30

Day 8 - 3rd June
Hollywood Studios for EMH (arrange Jedi Training)

Breakfast - Snacks
Lunch - QS Yorkshire Fish Shop
Dinner - QS Blaze (Disney Springs)
Fantasmic at 9pm

Day 9 - 4th June
Animal Kingdom for AK-EMH, Mini Golf then Hollywood Studios

Breakfast - The Mara
Lunch - QS Restaurantosaurus
Dinner - 50's Prime Time at 6:30pm
Star Wars Fireworks

Day 10 - 5th June
Discovery Cove

Eat Out!

Day 11 - 6th June
Aquatica then shopping mall

Breakfast - Keke's?
Lunch - Aquatica
Dinner - Out

Day 12 - 7th June
Universal Studios

Eat Out!

Day 13 - 8th June
Universal Studios (most recommended day)
Eat Out!

Day 14 - 9th June
Resort Hopping Maybe?

Breakfast - McDonald's
Lunch - QS Gasparilla Island Grill
Dinner - House of Blues at 6:30pm

Day 15 - 10th June
Hollywood Studios for EMH, Blizzard Beach & Magic Kingdom

Breakfast - Amorette's Patisserie
Lunch - QS Picabu
Dinner - QS Roaring Fork
Chip n Dale Sing Campfire along 8pm

Day 16 - 11th June
Seaworld

Eat Out!

Day 17 - 12th June
Magic Kingdom (EMH), Disney Springs for Dinner

Breakfast - Snacks
Lunch - QS Cosmic Ray's
Dinner - QS D-Luxe Burger

Day 18 - 13th June
Son's Choice

Day 19 - 14th June
Epcot for EMH then Disney Springs for Dinner

Breakfast - Snacks
Lunch - QS Tangierine
Dinner - Raglan Road at 5:45pm

Day 20 - 15th June
Magic Kingdom - EMH

Breakfast - Snacks
Lunch - Columbia Harbour House
Dinner - Chef Art Smith's at 6:30

Day 21 - 16th June
Animal Kingdom & Magic Kingdom

Breakfast - Snacks
Lunch at QS Satu'li Canteen
Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern at 6:20

Day 22 - 17th June
Son's Choice (HS has EMH)

Breakfast at Wolfgang Puck® Express QS
Lunch at Blaze or Deluxe QS

Does this look a suitable plan? I may incorporate a day trip somewhere but that all depends on funds.

Thanks for looking!
Faythy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If it were me, I'd lose the EMH only slots that you have, particularly in the first week. You'll spend more time travelling between the parks than you'll gain from that EMH. Especially since you have multiple days in the parks anyway, you should be able to see everything you need to between FP and DAS without having to add that stress. If you want to use EMH, I would just go to that park for the day (like you're doing later in the holiday) and leave if too busy/tired as you're already planning.

Small change but I'd swap your waterparks around so you're going to BB on your AK day, as the bus goes from AK so you'll reduce your transport time. And note you'll also need to upgrade your Disney tickets to the 21 day ones if you haven't already.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Faythy
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
If it were me, I'd lose the EMH only slots that you have, particularly in the first week. You'll spend more time travelling between the parks than you'll gain from that EMH. Especially since you have multiple days in the parks anyway, you should be able to see everything you need to between FP and DAS without having to add that stress. If you want to use EMH, I would just go to that park for the day (like you're doing later in the holiday) and leave if too busy/tired as you're already planning.

Small change but I'd swap your waterparks around so you're going to BB on your AK day, as the bus goes from AK so you'll reduce your transport time. And note you'll also need to upgrade your Disney tickets to the 21 day ones if you haven't already.
Appreciate your advice. I've only put the EMHs in particular to see if I can the major rides in. I'm unsure if Disney will let us have a DAS pass, so not counting my chickens on that score. But I see your point in that we can take things more leisurely as we are staying longer.

Will change the two water parks around. Should have known that, as I planned on walking to McDonald's then onto Blizzard Beach before going to Animal Kingdom, on my first itinery.

Have upgraded my tickets to 21 days, yes.

Is there transport that takes you from park to park?
Faythy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes there is, just go to the bus stops and there will be park to park buses. There's also park to Disney Springs buses but only after 4pm and they don't run in the opposite direction.

Even if you don't qualify for DAS, there's not that many headliner rides so I think you could get most of them with FP alone. FOP is really the only one you'd struggle with to get a FP for at 60 days, but you have AK late enough in your plan that you should be fine.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Hi Faythy
I'm not really the best person to help, as I've never stayed on site at Disney , aren't bothered about posh food, and rarely do any park hopping , but think there are enough first timer " mistakes " in your plan, that I can offer some good constructive feedback. 😄

I agree with loldis that you are over thinking the EMH thing . You have enough days to get on all rides often more than once just using fastpass and your nous. If you are concerned about whether you will get the DAS card, why not give them a ring or drop them an email and explain your situation. I'm sure they will advise if you qualify , then you will know in advance and can plan accordingly

You are being way too optimistic in your first few days. 9.15 evening show is the equivalent of 2.15 am uk time. You can't expect yourself, let alone a 10 year old to stay up to that time in the early days as you adjust to the time difference.

In the first few days , take advantage of the time difference, by getting to parks early, get some of the bigger rides done in the first hour or two ( not necessarily the busy emh parks ) before having your 3 FP rides. Then get some more during the day. Before sloping off for a nice tea and an early night ready for the next day. Do later starts and later nights weeks 2 and 3 as you get used to the time zone

Your water parks ( inc DC ) need spreading out much better. With 5 parks in 21 days, do one every 4 days. You will need the rest . You twice have two water parks on successive days with big runs of exhausting theme parks either side. Also, try to avoid water parks on Fridays and especially Saturdays and Sundays as they are rammed with locals

You are doing too much to-ing and fro-ing IMHO. Wdw is about 47 square miles. It takes a while to get around. An average park day can be 10 miles walking . When doing a water park , I would recommend doing that from 10 am start, have you lunch there and stay several hours , before an early tea then an evening in a park . Don't try to do park - water park- park. Your day 15 is way too much to attempt

Your mix of parks isn't quite right I don't think. You only have one day at each of the US parks. I would add a third , or maybe even a fourth between the two. Also think even with the new stuff at AK, you may still find you need more time at Epcot than AK

Hope that lot helps
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:31 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Faythy
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Yes there is, just go to the bus stops and there will be park to park buses. There's also park to Disney Springs buses but only after 4pm and they don't run in the opposite direction.

Even if you don't qualify for DAS, there's not that many headliner rides so I think you could get most of them with FP alone. FOP is really the only one you'd struggle with to get a FP for at 60 days, but you have AK late enough in your plan that you should be fine.
Ok, that's good to know. I know I can walk from Epcot to Hollywood Studios and vice versa. Think I've centered my days, a lot of the time on where I'm eating, which might have to change, especially since I've seen a recent thread debating the diving quality of a lot of Disney restaurants with increasing prices.

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Hi Faythy
I'm not really the best person to help, as I've never stayed on site at Disney , aren't bothered about posh food, and rarely do any park hopping , but think there are enough first timer " mistakes " in your plan, that I can offer some good constructive feedback. 😄

I agree with loldis that you are over thinking the EMH thing . You have enough days to get on all rides often more than once just using fastpass and your nous. If you are concerned about whether you will get the DAS card, why not give them a ring or drop them an email and explain your situation. I'm sure they will advise if you qualify , then you will know in advance and can plan accordingly

You are being way too optimistic in your first few days. 9.15 evening show is the equivalent of 2.15 am uk time. You can't expect yourself, let alone a 10 year old to stay up to that time in the early days as you adjust to the time difference.

In the first few days , take advantage of the time difference, by getting to parks early, get some of the bigger rides done in the first hour or two ( not necessarily the busy emh parks ) before having your 3 FP rides. Then get some more during the day. Before sloping off for a nice tea and an early night ready for the next day. Do later starts and later nights weeks 2 and 3 as you get used to the time zone

Your water parks ( inc DC ) need spreading out much better. With 5 parks in 21 days, do one every 4 days. You will need the rest . You twice have two water parks on successive days with big runs of exhausting theme parks either side. Also, try to avoid water parks on Fridays and especially Saturdays and Sundays as they are rammed with locals

You are doing too much to-ing and fro-ing IMHO. Wdw is about 47 square miles. It takes a while to get around. An average park day can be 10 miles walking . When doing a water park , I would recommend doing that from 10 am start, have you lunch there and stay several hours , before an early tea then an evening in a park . Don't try to do park - water park- park. Your day 15 is way too much to attempt

Your mix of parks isn't quite right I don't think. You only have one day at each of the US parks. I would add a third , or maybe even a fourth between the two. Also think even with the new stuff at AK, you may still find you need more time at Epcot than AK

Hope that lot helps
Ok, looks like I need to work on it lol.

I did ask about if I'd be ok with the ROL show at around the 3rd day, and someone said I should be ok, but feel it may be better to be cautious about it and reschedule for later, or may abandon it actually as it's a tad expensive for what it is really.

I agree with you that the mix isn't right, and more Universal days need to be added and that I need to relax a bit more when it comes to going to the parks. I added on an extra week so it wouldn't be so hectic after all.

So, will have a look at what I can do, and perhaps move some of the less popular ADRs I have.

Thanks for your input as I realise you are right about a lot of things so going to work on them now, despite it not being far from midnight lol
Old 25 Jan 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Faythy
Helping Mickey

Ok, Have messed around with it and I think it looks better as there's more time for Universal and the water parks are more spaced out.

Any thoughts?

Day 1 - Sunday 27th May - Arrival at 9:15
Sort Walmart - DAS pass & Disney $200 Gift Card.
If too late, go in morning.

Day 2 - Monday 28th May - Epcot
Breakfast - QS End Zone
Lunch & Dinner at the Flower and Garden Festival

Day 3 - Tuesday 29th May - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast - QS End Zone
Lunch - QS Be Our Guest at 12:35
Dinner - QS Pecos Bill

Day 4 - Wednesday 30th May - Blizzard/Animal Kingdom
Breakfast - McDonald’s
Lunch - QS Flame Tree
Dinner - QS Satu'li Canteen

Day 5 - 31st May - Hollywood Studios/Epcot
Lunch - Beaches & Cream at 2:00pm
Dinner - QS Picabu
Fantasmic 9pm

Day 6 - 1st June - Epcot & Golf
Lunch - QS Tangierine
Dinner - QS Yorkshire County F&C
Illuminations 9pm

Day 7 - 2nd June - Discovery Cove
Dinner - QS Blaze

Day 8 - 3rd June - Universal Studios
Eat Out

Day 9 - 4th June - Aquatica then shopping
Dinner at Crossroads

Day 10 - 5th June- Seaworld
Lunch & Dinner - Eat Out

Day 11 - 6th June- Typhoon & Hollywood Studios
Lunch - Not sure
Dinner - 50's Prime Time
Star Wars at 9:30

Day 12 - 7th June- Magic Kingdom/Resort/Springs
Breakfast - Snacks
Lunch - QS Cosmic Rays
Dinner - QS D-Luxe Burger
Happily Ever After 9:15pm

Day 13 - 8th June- Universal Studios
Lunch & Dinner - Eat Out

Day 14 - 9th June- Epcot then Springs
Breakfast - QS End Zone
Lunch - QS Katsura Grill
Dinner - House of Blues at 6:30pm
Buy Amorette's Patisserie

Day 15 - 10th June - Animal Kingdom
Breakfast - Amorette's Patisserie (Bought day before)
Lunch - QS Restaurantosaurus
Dinner - Sanaa
ROL

Day 16 - 11th June - Volcano Bay
Dinner Show - Capones

Day 17 - 12th June - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast - BOG at 8am
Lunch - QS Columbia Harbour House
Dinner - QS Roaring Fork
Chip n Dales Campfire Singalong

Day 18 - 13th June Blizzard/Springs for lunch/Animal Kingdom
Breakfast - Snacks
Lunch - Chef Homecomin
Dinner - QS Harambe Market

Day 19 - 14th June - Son's Choice

Day 20 - 15th June - Universal
Breakfast - Snacks/Pastries
Lunch & Dinner - Eat Out

Day 21 - 16th June - Disney Springs/Magic Kingdom
Breakfast - Snacks
Lunch - QS Depends on if at Springs or MK
Dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern at 6:20

Day 22 - 17th June - Son's Choice

Breakfast - QS End Zone
Dinner - QS Park dependent