Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Jan 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Aug 17 Cheeseballs, Chipmunks, Chunder and Chaps in Uniform - Day 9 Animal Kingdom & Typhoon lagoon

Aug 17 Cheeseballs, Chipmunks, Chunder and Chaps in Uniform - Day 9 Animal Kingdom and Typhoon lagoon

Disney steps 25,110 9.60 miles

On our first trip to WDW in 2011 we had the fortune to make a breakfast reservation for 8am at Tuskar House on our first day – it couldn’t have been a better start to our first WDW visit. Characters, early in the park and great food so we absolutely wanted to do it again.
It’s not quite the same - we got photos with Donald outside last time and copies given to us but other than that it’s not changed.

8am Booking and we were there on time and ready to eat surprisingly after last nights tea. Breakfast eaten – it’s a buffet with lots of choice, Steve did a god job getting photos for the trip report:

We love the sausage patties and Mickey waffles, and Morgan enjoys the milkshakes

Character photos taken,

Goofy was danced with

and we were off into the park – photo by the tree

And a bit of drumming

and first to ride Kali river rapids, bag thrown into a locker quickly it wasnt too wet thank fully

and then we hot footed it over to Flight of Passage for our FP.

Like everyone else it seems I wasn’t sure I would fit but I wanted to go through the themed queue so I did – at the end just before we went in I asked if there was an escape route if I was to nig and the CM told me he didn’t think I would have a problem – a glimmer of hope.

We got into the room and I got on the ride- I only had to move my feet forward slightly and I was in and ready for take-off.

I can only say it was amazing – it’s been described as Soarin’ but 100% better and I agree. If you don’t think you will fit give it a go anyway.

We had a wander around Pandora to see the theming which is excellent and has to be seen at night and in the day I think.

We headed over to Dinosaur which both girls hadn’t wanted to ride last visit. Bit of disaster getting on as Morgan took off her hat and forgot her animal print ears were on the top of it and they fell down the side of the car into the track. We were told we could get them from lost and found tomorrow – they must have millions. Anyway Dinosaur was great, boneshaking but fun. I don't know what it is that jumps at you when the photo goes off but it didn't half make me and Millie jump - Steve however was looking in completely the wrong direction!

Expedition Everest was next and I’d not done this before and Millie was so keen to sit with me on what must have been her tenth time by now! Yes I can see why she likes It

I was not ready for a second trip so everyone else took off for another trip and I went to find a nice cold strawberry slushie and watched the monkeys in the blazing sun.

Not enough being thrown around we went back to Dino land and opted for the slightly more easy Triceratops Spin. .

It was as always getting hot and we were getting a bit peckish so we opted for a QS at Restarauntasaurus

Two chicken burgers

One cheeseburger

One nuggets and four diet cokes later we were ready for the only thing yu do after eating : Primeval Hurl sorry whirl!

Thank fully the queue wasn’t too long but long enough to let lunch go down a little.

The girls then spent money on the Dinoland Games – basket ball and whack a mole type games.

We headed over to do my favourite – It’s a bug life – stay seated till the end and then headed out via a gift shop and left the park at 2.30 according to my notes.

Back home I did some washing ( I love the online page that shows how long they have to go!) and Morgan made her sweet sushi – it looked good but I had no idea what it tasted like.

I let the Telford ladies know how good FOP was and they were all a step closer, holidays done, paperwork arriving – all exciting.

Millie decided she still had energy and fancied Typhoon Lagoon for an hour so her and Steve took off on the bus and Morgan and I chillaxed as the washing did its thing and we enjoyed the aircon.

Not sure on what to do for tea we decided to visit Disney Springs in the boat and as we ere about to leave Steve called to say he and Millie were finishing up at Typhoon Lagoon and would get the bus to DS to meet us there is we could take some dry clothes. So we all met at Wolfgang Puck Express, dry underwear was donned and everyone was happy. Tea was a turkey sandwich,

Salmon,

the amazing meatloaf

and a pizza.

We had a little wander around the shops for me to reiterate to myself that I am getting old and cannot listen to three types of music at once and we headed off to get the bus home. All shattered tonight but full of good memories again.

Night night all, Magic Kingdom tomorrow

Index here
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )

Edited at 10:29 PM.
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab day ❤ was this when you saw the travelling piano?
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Fab day ❤ was this when you saw the travelling piano?
Yes she was really good but not with two other lots of music 😄
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Lovely day. I can't wait to try FOP as Soarin is my favourite ride.
Love the meatloaf at WPE too.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
Lovely day. I can't wait to try FOP as Soarin is my favourite ride.
Love the meatloaf at WPE too.
FOP will take your breath away its incredible

thanks for reading
Old 20 Feb 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Nice day, I can't wait to ride FOP! I'm avoiding all the YouTube videos on it!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Nice day, I can't wait to ride FOP! I'm avoiding all the YouTube videos on it!
It's worth the wait, and make sure to see pandora at night too
Old 26 Feb 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, I can't wait to get to Pandora

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Mobile

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Great day, I can't wait to get to Pandora
It’s brilliant - make sure you see it at night too
Old 19 May 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

You got some really great photos today Hmmm Meatloaf <3