Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Feb 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I've just binge read the trip so apologise for not commenting on each day. Thanks for sharing your holiday. The highs out weigh any lows, what a shame you ended up sick right at the end of the holiday.
We had a bit of an unexpected trip to Florida so arrived towards the end of your last week. It was a late bargain so we only got Universal tickets as we had already booked up for Disney this year. I know exactly how you feel about missing Disney, thankfully we also got MNSHHP tickets. Your outfits looked great, I do think dressing up makes it more special-your treat haul was immense!
I love Universal so I was surprised how much I did miss Disney. I also feel a bit like we did Universal to death but I am looking forward to being able to just relax and not rush our week there. We are staying at HRH for the first time so it was great to hear you preferred it to RPH which we love!
Off to check out your new trip😊
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I've just binge read the trip so apologise for not commenting on each day. Thanks for sharing your holiday. The highs out weigh any lows, what a shame you ended up sick right at the end of the holiday.
We had a bit of an unexpected trip to Florida so arrived towards the end of your last week. It was a late bargain so we only got Universal tickets as we had already booked up for Disney this year. I know exactly how you feel about missing Disney, thankfully we also got MNSHHP tickets. Your outfits looked great, I do think dressing up makes it more special-your treat haul was immense!
I love Universal so I was surprised how much I did miss Disney. I also feel a bit like we did Universal to death but I am looking forward to being able to just relax and not rush our week there. We are staying at HRH for the first time so it was great to hear you preferred it to RPH which we love!
Off to check out your new trip😊
Brilliant sounds like you will have a great time this year too. I'm gutted we could of upgraded our universal tickets to an annual pass and use them this year but can't change it now!

Our first time doing MNSSHP and we loved it!

Thanks for reading and commenting 😁🤗
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Thanks so much for sharing! Off to check out the next pre trip now xx
Thanks so much for reading and commenting
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Good to see that there were more highs than lows. I'm not sure that I could get so close to Disney without visiting, I think it would be a bit like torture so you did really well.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
51emz
Apprentice Imagineer

51emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've just read your whole trip report over the past week, was very good, thanks for sharing.
Old 14 Mar 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Really enjoyed reading it all, thank you for sharing, your an amazing mum it is hard enough work getting able bodied children around the busy parks, it must be exhausting having a heavy wheelchair to push looking forward to reading the next one 😁
Old 18 Mar 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve just caught up with your whole trip report which has been lovely considering we are stuck indoors having yet another snow day! (Roll on spring! )

Really enjoyed reading along. Thank you for sharing 😁

The villa looks perfect! Did you book it direct with the owners or through an agent?

Edited at 05:21 PM.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Good to see that there were more highs than lows. I'm not sure that I could get so close to Disney without visiting, I think it would be a bit like torture so you did really well.
Definitely more highs than lows, thanks for reading and commenting.

Originally Posted by 51emz View Post
I've just read your whole trip report over the past week, was very good, thanks for sharing.
Glad people are enjoying the read, thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Really enjoyed reading it all, thank you for sharing, your an amazing mum it is hard enough work getting able bodied children around the busy parks, it must be exhausting having a heavy wheelchair to push looking forward to reading the next one 😁
Thank you for your kind words, we've never known any different but yes I imagine it would be a lot easier and not having to lift a heavy teenager onto rides would have its advantages! Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by thefourDs View Post
I’ve just caught up with your whole trip report which has been lovely considering we are stuck indoors having yet another snow day! (Roll on spring! )

Really enjoyed reading along. Thank you for sharing 😁

The villa looks perfect! Did you book it direct with the owners or through an agent?
Oh god yes I'm dying for a bit of sun come on spring! We found the villa on homeaway and contacted the owner then booked direct with him. Thanks for reading.
Old 14 Apr 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Great summing up of your holiday Danielle, with more highs than lows. I can see how much you missed Disney, I hope you fit a bit more of that in on your next trip. Thanks again for sharing

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

I've just ready your whole report and really enjoyed it. I agree with Universal - we haven't been there since 2008! we do want to experience the Harry Potter stuff but can't justify the cost and the time away from Disney! My girls are 21 and 18 next year so want to be in Florida for their birthdays and for a longer time but I've just reminded them that last year they were missing their beds on day 9! I'm hoping for 16 or 17 nights but they're still pushing for 21. It was interesting to read how splitting up to get the rides done worked for you - it sounded like it worked well and gave you all some breathing space too. I shall look forward to reading your 2018 Trip Report