Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Dec 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day 2 Universal and Animal kingdom lodge - If you can dream it you can do it (May 2017)

Day 3 Universal and animal kingdom lodge

Today was a slower start to the day as we decided not to use the early entry to the parks. We knew mum wouldn't want to ride forbidden journey again and for that reason there wasn't much point in rushing to the park.

This morning we were checking out of the hard rock hotel and moving onto our next part of our adventure which was a night at animal kingdom lodge with a savannah view. Check out was easy enough, when booking your deposit is one night stay and you pay the rest when your checking out. We paid the bill up, left our bags with the bag drop and made our way to the parks for the final time this trip.

We got to the park around 9am once we entered the park we walked straight around to transformers, which wasn't even open yet. We were second in the queue and we waited around 5 minutes. As we were the second in the queue we had gotten into standby queue however the member of staff moved us over and we were the first riders of the day. Its quite fun being the first people in the first cart of the day.

Enjoyable as ever, we moved around to men in black. There wasn't anyone around this area at all!

This is another classic ride. It a ride you have to ride even if its the once. No one else was on the ride and i missed the red button bonus but i still won! which is good news for me as mum wins everything as you will see later on in the holiday.

I had a pretzel with cheese for breakfast obviously, i forget that the universal pretzels are super salty though and i couldnt eat the whole thing. It cost $4.95.

We walked around to ET, again another classic and i will be extremely sad to ever find out this closes. I know they have to do updates but this is something that should always stay put just so they have a little bit of classic universal.

Mum still needed breakfast so we wondered around to WWOHP, Gringotts was 10 minutes at this time of morning but i jumped on single rider and got on in round 5 minutes, i still love this ride whether I'm on my own or not!

We jumped on the Hogwarts express as we hadn't rode it this trip yet. It took 10 minutes to do so and always a good ride, i recommend riding it both ways as well as it is different.

When we reached island of adventure we looked in the shops for a pillow i wanted but i couldn't find it anywhere!

We decided to carry on and hope that the pillow would jump out at me somewhere as i just couldn't remember where i had seen it!

We went into the leaky cauldron and mum had one of the breakfast with an apple juice and a tea which was $20. This was probably a little pricey for what it was but my mum doesn't eat certain foods and really needed something with a lot of meat on so this did her really well. It was worth the money for her to get some food she enjoyed and filled her up. It also came with a crossiant which she kindly gave to me along with the apple juice so we both could sit and eat together.

We made our way around to the front of the park and rode spiderman as mum hadn't rode it yet this trip. The standby was 40 minutes however we got on in 5.

We shared a cinnabon and a coke which cost $8 and ate it while enjoying the sun.

We had done everything we had wanted to do so started to walk to the front of the park looking at the shops as we went and i found my pillow in the last shop before we left the park for the last time!

We did the final walk back to the hotel collected our bags and ordered an uber to take us to animal kingdom lodge, the uber arrived at 1pm and cost us $20 which wasn't too bad at all. A lot less than what we paid in 2015 when we paid for normal taxi’s

We checked in, our room was ready and we went up and sat on the balcony for a while. I must admit at this point we decided to have a little nap. The last few days have caught up with us and we wanted a little time to just chill and take it all in.

At 5pm we woke up and was ready to explore the hotel again. We had stayed here for a couple of nights in 2015 and after all the planning we ended up booking animal kingdom lodge for the last part of the hotel so it wasn't as important to explore as it first was going to be as we will be back!

After taking a stroll around we went to the bus station and got a bus to Disney springs at 6pm. It looks amazing here now all the upgrades have been done, we really enjoyed having time to look around and explore and not be in a rush to get back into the parks.

We stopped off at earl of sandwich, there was a little dance party going off outside so we watched that as we ate before continuing to shop, obviously we visited world of disney and picked out what we would be buying when we came back!

After a couple of hours shopping we decided to head back to the hotel, the bus came pretty quickly and we arrived back at 9:45pm

An early night for us and maybe not quite as busy as what we could have been but a good day none the less.

Tomorrow - Animal kingdom lodge, celebration and the poly

Edited at 03:17 PM.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A great last day at universal. I'm enjoying your report, looking forward to the next update.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
It was a great day, I do love universal! Just always ends so quickly! Thanks for reading 😊
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, AKL looks lovely

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Looks great 👍
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Great day, AKL looks lovely
AKL is the most beautiful place, i love it

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Another great day.
Thank you

Originally Posted by thefourDs View Post
Looks great 👍
Thanks for reading
Old 29 Apr 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Fab day AK looks amazing